Saturday, September 17, 2016

Season's Greetings...

I sat down yesterday, determined to create *non*-holiday related cards.

That totally didn't happen.

For good measure, after I finished the Christmas cards, I did do a couple of layouts to get my 13 month old's scrapbook started. You know... not to rush or anything...

I had this idea last year, to create some form of rainbow effect using snowflakes. I just love love LOVE snowflakes (I've never been shy about admitting this), and this was a really out-of-my-box type of card for me, so it took awhile to pull together, given it's simplicity. The stamping was easy... it was deciding how badly I wanted to cover up that beautiful background...



So I decided to use a circle cut from vellum to ground my sentiment without covering up my rainbow.

Stamping the pattern came together pretty quickly, and I can't properly describe the love I have for these Simon Says Stamp snowflakes. I have a lot of snowflake sets, but I really do grab for this one probably the most. It's hard to tell from my photo, but the die cut sentiment (another favourite from SSS) is covered in glitter. I also debossed the background with a linen cover plate from Papertrey, but it's definitely a subtle effect.

I hope you're enjoying your weekend, wherever you are... it's a drizzly, true fall day here, and my whole family has left me alone in the house, so I'm in my glory. Happy Saturday!

Pin It

1 comment:

Michelle said...

I love your rainbow of snowflakes, Meredith! I love snowflakes, too, which confuses all of my friends and family who, like me, live in places where it doesn't snow. :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...