Friday, September 23, 2016

Festive Friday - Holiday Joy...

It's Friday! So I saved posting this card until today so that I could make it a Festive Friday post. 

I have been stamping a lot of similar cards using different colours and different sets, but the result is that I have quite a pile of 'easy-to-mail' (read: not my usual layers) cards. It will come in handy, I am sure, but I think it's time to branch out a little!



The photo does not do the gold justice on this card... I finally bought a Delicata ink pad and holy WOW is it ever sparkly. Worth it. I like the vintage appeal of this colour combo... I think that's why I like stamping backgrounds so much; I get to really play with colour combinations and manipulate them to make whatever my mood feels like. It's therapeutic, for sure. 

The kids are leaving school early this afternoon, so I am off to soak up the last hour of peace before I have to go get them for the weekend. It's been one of those weeks... *wink*

Pin It

3 comments:

Ruth S, justsomestuffimade.com said...

Wow stunning card Meredith!! I love your poinsettia ☺
Sadly I have not yet found a gold inkpad that I can call my friend! Either horrible brown looking ones.... or recently I got the one by Encore and it was an (expensive) waste of money. Nice colour but it never wants to dry, even with heat setting so it just smears and leaves a mess on my cards. I will have to give your idea a try! Rx

Cindy C. said...

Hi Meredith your card is really pretty. I love the colors you chose. Thanks for the inspirations. I miss the Festive Friday challenge, but I totally understand, life has priority and honestly I couldn't play as often as I wanted. Spending time with my sons and hubby certainly trumps making cards. BTW I love your blog name too.

Maureen said...

I love that stamp set...I've used them as sunflowers too :). Hope your weekend was fun!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...