Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Guest Designer: Wishing You Joy...

Told you I'd be back!

I am here for such a fun reason... a few months ago, my friend Ardyth (the lovely soul who kept my Festive Friday blog going for awhile there when I couldn't...) asked me if I would be interested in Guest Designing for her fun challenge blog, Muse: Christmas Visions. As if I even needed to think twice about it!


I am so glad I had this push to create something... I really miss it so much! And Christmas themed at that... you know how I feel about Christmas projects!

 I have never stopped adding to my collection of goodies to play with, even if I rarely use them... I can't help myself when I see pretty things that inspire me! So I have some new-to-me Christmas supplies that I was so happy to have an excuse to use.



I find the longer I am 'away' from creating (only in a hands-on sense; I still prowl blogs and Pinterest and dream up creations of my own that never come to execution...), the more my style seems to change when I sit down at the craft table. I'm drawn to simpler designs, and while my hubs used to tease me about all the lace and buttons you would find on nearly everything I created, I seem to be leaving those behind more often than not.

But I still couldn't resist stamping myself a background!

I hope you'll play along with this week's challenge! I'll be happy (and humbled and honoured) to come and see what you've done with my little card here...

Pin It

5 comments:

Jacquie Southas said...

Beautiful card, Meredith! The stamped background is amazing!

Ardyth said...

So thrilled to have your as our guest, Meredith! I am studying your card, trying to come up with something original - it's so perfect that it's hard to not just remake it! Thanks for your inspiration!

Maureen said...

So gorgeous! I LOVE the vellum overlay on that beautiful stamped background. It's fun how our styles evolve. I really miss ribbon, but use it only occasionally now. Hope there's more creating time in the near future!

Lindsey said...

Thanks, Meredith! A beautiful inspiration to kick-start my Christmas cards.

Robyn Oliver said...

I love your Christmas card, Meredith and was totally inspired to play along

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...