Sunday, October 25, 2015

Red and Green - PTI October Blog Hop...

Hey there friends! I am so excited that I managed to make not just one but a couple of different cards so that I could participate in this month's Blog Hop over at Papertrey!

My kids had a day off from school on Friday and my oldest asked if we could spend the day making cards. Of course that sounded like fun to me, so I asked Grandma to be in charge of the other two kids (I was on call for baby feeds only!) and off we went. It's always so relaxing and lovely to just stamp the day away!

**forgive the terribly boring photos - I had to snap these quick while the baby was happy!**



I couldn't pass up this month's holiday theme, since my favourite projects to make are for Christmas! I dug out some of the things I picked up last year but haven't had enough time to play with yet, and created a couple of different things using the colour theme from the inspiration photo; red and green.


So I only recently finally got the dies that go with the Sparkle & Shine sets that were released last year; which I got at the time, but have barely touched. So for this one, I stamped some snowflakes in Soft Stone for my background (those are from Simon Says Stamp), then dug out Bells & Boughs (still a favourite) to add my stamping in the top corner. This one came together quickly, and I really like how it turmed out.


I had so much fun stamping this background... these are the stamps from the mini set that was included in the Tinsel and Tags Make it Market kit last year... and I *love* how easy it was to pull this together.

One last one!


Again, I used all stamps from the Tinsel & Tags kit... this one was also so fun to make! I really like how the little layers in the scene came together, and it actually isn't *that* thick for popping this in the mail!

That's all I have for you today... thanks so much for stopping by, and enjoy the rest of your hop!

Pin It

20 comments:

~amy~ said...

sooooo pretty! I always love your designs!

Rema said...

Hi Meredith! Your cards are beautiful...

Melissa L. said...

Ohhh! I love the Noel card, Meredith.

Maureen said...

What a great time you had! Three cheers for Grandma! I love the Bells and Boughs set too…definitely a classic!

victoria h said...

gorgeous cards- I especially like the snowy scene.

C.Good said...

Very cool Meredith...it makes you feel like Christmas!

Marybeth said...

So many beautiful cards! I love seeing Tinsel and Tags on your cards today, Meredith!

Bonnie Turpin said...

Your cards have me oohing with delight. So many new ideas. I love these.

Marcia HIll said...

Beautiful cards Meredith! So happy to see you back stamping! :0)

Birgit said...

Three fabulous cards here, Meredith! Love them all!

Jenelle said...

So pretty! I love your stamped backgrounds and sweet Tinsel and Tags scene!

KayM said...

All of these are so beautiful Meredith!! I love the soft but traditional colors! That last one is so awesome!!

Diana K said...

Your cards are all so warm and cozy and Christmassy. Perfect, in fact!

artful-notions said...

Lovely cards, all, Meredith. Your backgrounds are wonderful, and the scene on the last card is just adorable!

Gina said...

All of these are wonderful. The Tinsel & Tags card is precious and the first one ("Shine") made me smile. The stamped backgrounds are amazing!!

Kelly S. said...

Beautiful! I so love the little scene, it's precious!

Kim Collins said...

I like how your backgrounds are all done up. The stone color is so incredible I originally thought you stamped it off or second generation stamped. I think that's what you call it. Your cards make me want to participate. I cannot wait till I own items I might have to case. In love.

Joyously Noelle said...

What lovely cards. How fun to have a craft day!

bjmartin said...

Hi Meredith - Love the beautiful backgrounds and that scene is so sweet!

Jacquie Southas said...

The stamping is perfect!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...