Monday, September 28, 2015

Happy Birthday...

August has turned into the month of birthdays for us. My new baby (six weeks old already!) is first, then his oldest sister is just a few days later. Then just over a week after that is my husband. It calls for a lot of card making! I don't mind...

So I'm realizing that I'm going to have to learn some new tricks... I could sometimes pass off a very frilly card to my husband because he would realize it's just how I do... but with a new little boy in our house, I'm thinking flowers and pink lace may not cut it any more! I tried a new (to me) technique for my husband's card this year, hoping to create something more masculine.



I used to have such an aversion to this shade of green, but when you pair it with gold, it's too perfect not to love! I was inspired by a tag I had seen that Dawn Wholeslagle had created in this post (scroll down) and decided to try it for myself. Basically, just stamping in white ink, then on top of that with coloured ink. I liked that the colours became really muted this way.


I thought it turned out okay!

I have been trying to post this card for a couple of weeks now, and I have others to post as well. My little monkey is growing so quickly and time passes in a blink... he'll be seven weeks old at the end of this week! He's becoming more alert and not super cranky every time he's awake, so that's a nice change. I still can't wait for a full night's sleep though... *wink*

He is very much a mix of his two sisters, and I am so in love with seeing him grow into himself. He's filling out quickly, and I swear he looks different every time I go in to change a diaper. I know I'm biased, but I do think he's pretty handsome!

Thanks so much for popping in, I so appreciate your visits!

Pin It

1 comment:

Charlene said...

He is beautiful!!!!! Good job Mom!!! And your card is beautiful as well!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...