Sunday, August 9, 2015

Happy Birthday...

I was doing so well with posting there for a minute, and then it went all quiet again, didn't it?

The nesting urge has taken me over, for one thing... We've lived in our house for two years, and had yet to hang a single picture on the wall - since we knew we were going to renovate, we didn't bother when we first got here, and then we were so exhausted from the renovation itself that we just sort of collapsed. Rooms were put together, but they lacked personality. I was too tired to care for a long time, but then all of a sudden, I just wanted it to look like we live here. So, at a snail's pace, I've been waddling around, hanging pictures and adding the finishing touches. We still have some work to do in terms of finishing details (caulking trim, touching up paint, hanging trim around the cabinets)... it's a slow process, but I figure by the time the kids are in university, we might be almost done.

One day this week, though, Emma wanted to play in the craft room... we got some new stamps a few weeks ago and I still hadn't played with them, so it was easy to convince me!

 I know this one is from an older PTI release, but since it isn't my usual style, it took me awhile to bite the bullet and actually order it. Finally though, Emma convinced me, because she loved it so much. She's actually really developing her own tastes and styles in cards, which is fun to watch.


I loved the way I could make the fox suit my usual shabby style with paper piecing... Easy peasy! I think it turned out okay, too... Usually the 'cutesy' stamps really stump me.

When it was all done, I traced over the outline with a sparkly black gel pen. It kind of married it all together, and also gave it some glimmer, since the black was pretty stark against my papers (I might have gone with grey if I were to do it again...)



Thanks for popping in on me! I so appreciate when you take the time to look, and all of your comments make my day... see you soon!

Pin It

2 comments:

~amy~ said...

this is darling! Love the paper pieced fox!

Geri said...

Oh!!!!!! How sweet is that!!! I love it! That fox really is a cutie, isn't it?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...