Monday, July 20, 2015

Thinking of You...

As I'm sure so many of you do, I spend a *lot* of my kid-free time surfing Pinterest. I absolutely love it there, and of course have started a board of things I love for our new baby. Normal things like paint colours for a nursery, photography ideas, products I want to remember to look for when we know if it's a girl or boy. You know... all those things I'll never actually do anything with.

I've learned, thanks to Pinterest generating baby-related pins for me, that having a baby in the Pinning Age vs. 5 years ago are two very different things. Apparently there are at least 10 different apps I need on my phone, otherwise I will not know how much to feed my baby, nor will I have a clue what my baby's cry could possibly mean. Not to mention the fact that without these apps on my phone, my husband will be completely useless to me. Also, Pinterest wants me to believe that the first month of baby being home is something I will need help 'surviving'. I've done this before; I'm fully aware that a baby who sleeps 20+ hours a day compared to a Threenager is not something that requires a survival kit.

My 5 year old, on the other hand...

It's usually around this point I go looking for pretty flowery things so I don't have to roll my eyes anymore.



So I'm in love with so many of the modern florals you see in stationary these days (I want to wallpaper my whole life with Rifle Paper Co. patterns...), and I wanted to try to use one of these trendy colour palettes in one of my cards - with colouring.

I can't remember the last time I touched my Copics. But I remember now why I love them so...


It's so relaxing to just sit and colour like my kids do. And I knew that, but it's been so long...

The flowers are from a Flourishes set, so it's no longer available... And this was the first time I stamped in grey ink before colouring, and I love the soft look it lends. So probably I'll do that again...

I'm off to find some more hilarious birth stories... did you know that was a thing? Putting the story of your labour on the internet for strangers to read? I've found a few that are *hilarious*, full of bad words and comedic visuals, and it's my new favourite hobby to read them.

Shall I plan on sharing my labour with you all, my friends? *wink*

Pin It

3 comments:

Ang said...

You're coloring is so stunning.
Miss seeing your posts, but understand.
Hope all is going well.
Ang

Geri said...

This turned out absolutely beautiful, Meredith!!! Especially love it on that rustic cardstock!

CherylQuilts said...

This is gorgeous, Meredith, and your coloring is exquisite! I wondered through Pinterest and found you and this card, and wow! What set is this from? I have so many Flourishes stamps, and I'm scratching my head (without going into my stash). BTW, your children are so beautiful! Hugs!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...