Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Happy Birthday...

Ugh.

I forgot how much the third trimester *rocks*.

Let me preface this by saying that I am very aware that my pregnancies (all three of them) have been a lot easier than what a lot of women go through. So I try very hard to not complain. I want to WIN at being pregnant, handle it like a champ, look for the positives........

But let's be honest. It isn't fun to hand your body over. I'm short, so I have no room for what I'm feeling is going to be a big baby (they said that about my first, and she was tiny. Who knows?) and I'm definitely at that stage... you know the one; drop something on the floor, look at it, and say to yourself  'screw it' and leave it where it landed.

And the peeing. All the peeing! And by peeing, I mean dribbling. Kind of. Every hour.

Then there's a kick or a roll, and I remember that there's a pretty good reason to go through it all, and remind myself I'm just lucky my body can do this for me. Suck it up, Princess.



SO. Here is one major perk of being slow, tired and less than mobile. I have every excuse to just sit on my butt and if I am sitting on my butt, I might as well stamp. Win win!



My oldest and I were out shopping (which means walking a few feet, finding a piece of something to sit on, parking it for a few minutes, then starting the process over again) the other day, and we found a really pretty card that looked like watercolour florals with gold accent outlining. We both loved it and felt we could make our own versions. This is mine.

I am so in love with Altenew's Painted Flowers set - it is showing itself to be such a versatile set! For this card, I stamped a couple of the blooms, and blurred the edges with some water. Then I embossed the outlines with gold powder, but I left the heat on longer so that instead of the result being raised, it just looks like it's painted in gold.



I really love how these stamps worked for this effect, so I might have to try some more colour combinations!

Also, I have decided I am sequin challenged.

I finally edited the photos from Josie's fifth birthday party last month, so I'll share those with you in a few days! It's been awhile since I shared a party on the blog, so I feel this one is well overdue! Stay tuned...

Pin It

3 comments:

Tenia Nelson said...

So pretty!!

Geri said...

Oh, so lovely, Meredith!!! Hang in there!!!

Maureen said...

this is just gorgeous! Apparently pregnancy and your mojo are a perfect combination! I love the water colour effect and the gold accents :) Hang in there…I had to tell myself, "pain with a purpose." Your new little bundle will be here soon enough :) ox

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...