Friday, July 17, 2015

Festive Friday - Joy...

It's July, we're in the middle of a record breaking heat wave, there's water shortages from months of no rain and all sunshine, and here I am, craving a Christmas card... I just can't help myself.

My friend said it best (but she's exactly like me, so...); "The whole year is just one big countdown to Christmas". So true...



I can't remember the last time I played along with a challenge, with the exception of the odd blog hop I've managed. So when I saw a sketch challenge over on the WPlus9 blog, I wanted to play along. It's a fun way to get the juices flowing!

I'm embarrassed to tell you how long it took me to complete this card, but that's just more incentive to keep playing in the craft room on a regular basis!


This poinsettia set is probably my absolute favourite (and I do have a few!). It's hard to tell fully from my photo, but I used a very light gold ink to stamp the veining and details. It adds a fun shimmer to the whole thing.

My oldest also wanted to play along, so she did her own, very simple take on the sketch.


I know I biased, but I was truly impressed with her ink colours and how well she lined up those stamps. She's not even seven!

So it's been forever since I did a Festive Friday post, but I have one for next week too! I've worked on a few holiday things the last few days, as I'm going through my stash and finding things I want to play with... like I said, Christmas is my first love...

Pin It

4 comments:

Jill Norwood said...

So fun to see your beautiful card! And your little one's quite the stamper at the age of about 7! I just started my first Christmas tags this week....:)

Joni Andaya said...

Oh Meredith this is stunning!

~amy~ said...

I always love it when you post and bonus...to have your talented girl share a lovely card...that girl has talent! Gorgeous cards ladies!

Geri said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous, GORGEOUS, Meredith!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...