Monday, June 29, 2015

Thank You...

There's a bit of a theme in my post titles here... since I'm on a roll making teacher cards!

So I've been looking for a perfect gold embossing powder, because the only one I had was sort of antique finish, and just didn't do it for me. But without seeing examples in person, I was hesitant to pull the trigger. Recently, I visited Paper Source for the first time (since they're not in Canada), and found one I felt was worth taking a chance with...



And I *love* it. It's sharp, crisp, and bright. Everything I hoped I could find. So now I want to create all kinds of patterns with it, because it's just so darned pretty.

I stamped a few images from the WPlus9 Fresh Cut Florals set, after trying the 'smooshing' technique on my paper panel - I had more success this time, using PTI inks (I tried SU! inks last time with no success). Then I brushed over my stamped images quickly with a wet brush. Emma gasped when she saw this one, so I think I can declare success.


The one thing I'll say is that for how simple this card is (by my usual, layered, frilly efforts), it took me a long time. Truly, I am *so* out of practice, it's almost frustrating! But it's so cathartic and peaceful to be stamping, I know I need to really make a point of carving out more time for it. I miss it so much!

Thanks as always for visiting me! I'm so grateful for your comments and visits, because I miss blogging so, and it's so lovely that there are still people out there watching for me!

Pin It

1 comment:

Geri said...

Lovely! Love the soft sprays in the corners to frame in that pretty sentiment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...