Saturday, April 25, 2015

Best Wishes...

Hey Friends!

I managed to make a card for the Papertrey Blog Hop! And even better, I've managed to get a post up in time!

I loved the colours in this month's inspiration photo, and initially pictured something heavy on the navy, with lots of layers and florals.

But then I went in a completely different direction. These things happen.


I was inspired by this week's Make it Monday, to use all white die cuts, with a pop of colour. I totally cheated and used a coloured card base and then used Rustic Cream cardstock instead of white. But I'm never one to follow directions too closely...


I finally put my Make it Market County Fair Kit to work... I've puttered with it, but since I got it right in the middle of our huge renovation last year, I've barely put a dent into it. I do love this quilt die, and thought it worked pretty well for this technique.

That's all I have for today, so I'll let you keep on hopping... thanks for stopping in and visiting!

Pin It

13 comments:

Geri said...

OOOooo…I LOVE it, Mer! LOVE the pretty colors in the center and everything else being white (well, cream;) And the die cut looks great on top. I was puzzled as to what that was until I read…and that's because I don't own any of those kits! It looks great, though. I saw your post and thought…aw MAN…I was gonna do this today! Forgot all about it! Love this beauty…and so nice to see you creating! Hope you're feeling well!

Keri said...

Beautiful, Meredith! I don't pull out that kit often enough. Love your take on this challenge! :)

Rema said...

Awesome Meredith! I own that kit too. Love that die...

Rosemary said...

absolutely gorgeous!! love how you used the quilt die (I have the same kit and have hardly used it, too!)!

Tracy said...

oh i kinda love this card - such pretty choices of inks and i love that its mostly white. wonderful

Betty Wright said...

Beautifully done! Love all the white with the pops of color! Lovely card!

Marcia HIll said...

I'm always excited when I see your name pop up Meredith, and that you've found time to play. You have such a wealth of talent and it certainly shows on this card! I love how you used all white (or rustic cream) except for the pieced star and the sentiment...it really does pop!! Lovely, lovely card! :0)

carol (krillsister) said...

Gorgeous. Love your choice of pattern papers.

artful-notions said...

That quilt die set never disappoints, especially the way you used it! Gorgeous with the rustic cream! Love how you added the 'Best' too!

lexi said...

so pretty!! i love your take on the white on white challenge and how you paired it with the inspiration challenge. thanks so much for playing!!

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, I love this, Meredith! Fabulous take on the inspiration photo!

Charlene said...

Beautiful colors and design!!

Diane said...

What fun colors and design.

Hugs diane

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...