Friday, February 20, 2015

Welcome Baby - Some News...

Hello friends!

This year is off to a very busy start for us already... I'm learning that we just seem to be those people who always have too much on our plates.

Just when we thought things were winding down for us, that the crazy kind of work around the house was nearing the end (we still have a whole basement to renovate, but it's more of a replace-panelling-with-drywall type work) and maybe we could take a breath... we had some news.


We've been hoping to add a third kiddo to our family for a couple of years now, but if I'm honest, we were ready to give up and just enjoy the two we already have.

Then my husband said to me one day, "Don't you think you should take a test?" and I thought he was crazy. So a few days later, I finally took one so he and his mother would leave me alone about all the 'symptoms', which I knew were merely PMS related.


SO. I was wrong...

We will be a family of five sometime at the end of the summer... right before my youngest (er... middle?) one starts kindergarten. I'm still taking it all in, and trying to wrap my head around it. We are all excited - my girls are beside themselves. My oldest keeps asking how big the baby is this week and wants to know about what kind of developments have happened since the last time she asked.

One thing that came out of this discovery is that I've had to put the Festive Friday Challenge blog on the back burner for awhile. A few of the girls felt it was time to step down, and I very quickly realized I would not have the energy or time to properly devote to it this year. So it's on hold for now, and hopefully once we've finished the work we still have left and I have a baby who sleeps through the night, we can revisit the challenge for 2016.

The fatigue and nausea has kept me pretty much out of commission for the last couple of months, so it's been tough to find the energy to do anything (I still have Christmas things to put away - no joke). So now that I'm heading into my second trimester, I'm hoping to start feeling more like myself and get back into a creative groove - start posting more!

Thanks for stopping by - I'm excited I can finally share what's been keeping my quiet for this last little while!

Pin It

6 comments:

Thanh Vo said...

Eek!!! It all makes sense now! :D Congratulations to you and Paul! Oh, and the girls, too! lol

cm said...

CONGRATULATIONS! What exponentially wonderful news, Meredith! So excited for you!
Hugs~c

KayM said...

Yay!! I am so happy for your Meredith!! What fun and exciting news! I wish you all the best with your pregnancy and hope everything goes well with the new little one! ((Hugs))

~amy~ said...

Yay! So exciting...congrats and what a FAB card too!

Geri said...

That's funny...with our last one it was my husband, too, that said...um, I'm thinking you better be checkin' somthin out. It had never entered my mind...but he was right!;) So happy you could finally share this HAPPY news! We've had bad weather this week and my kids have been home. That little date my laptop and I were looking forward to with you has been put on hold!!! Next week the weather is looking better, though! Love your sweet card...and the Festive Friday one is BEAUTIFUL!!!

Julie said...

I'm late to find this news. I miss Festive Friday ( it was my favourite challenge) but I DO understand.
I'm going to be a grandmother for the 3rd time in September.
It seems like it's excitement all round! Congratulations Meredith and all the best.
Stay well.Julie

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...