Saturday, February 14, 2015

Happy Valentine's Day!

Hello old friends! Do you remember me?

I have been trying my hardest to get into the craft room more, and forcing myself to try and re-learn everything I've forgotten. It's an understatement to say I feel rusty!

I did create a card for one of the PTI anniversary challenges - I'll post that later (it's okay if I don't manage to link it up) - but holy cow did it take it out of me. The struggle is real, people.

Today, though, I have the cards I made for my two favourite girls, telling them how much I love them. These ones came together easier for me, and I used one of my favourite tutorials from my friend Melissa, using velum and a cover plate to create a bit of a screen on the front. I love how this looks!


I made them virtually identical, however, I personalized each one. Each of my girls has their own little icon that has become 'them'... my older girl is cherries, and my younger one is ladybugs. It's just something that's evolved with them (I even have them tattooed with their names on my feet!), and I love to reference it when I can.


I had so much fun making these and really felt like I was getting into my groove a bit with them. Hopefully I can grow on that!

We still have a lot of finishing work waiting for us in our massive renovation which stole me from my blog last year. We are enjoying the space in its nearly completed state, but it isn't ready for me to share. Hopefully we'll find some energy before too long to get back to work!

Thanks for peeking in on me... I hope to be here at least a little more often from now on!

Pin It

4 comments:

Geri said...

Oh, Meredith...it does my heart good to see these sweet creations for your girls...it's the best kind of creating and it shows that your heart was in it! They are adorable and lovely...all at the same time! Sure have been thinking of you since receiving your email. It's been such a busy week and I know my response is going to take my tasty coffee drink by my side, a laptop in my lap, and a comfy chair...and as cold as it's been...probably even a blankie!;) I'm looking forward to that next week! Until then...sending big hugs, my friend!!!

Ruth S, justsomestuffimade.com said...

Lovely to see you having a go at getting crafty again Meredith - the girls will love these sweet cards with such personal touches ;) Rx

Thanh Vo said...

Hi Meredith! Nice to see you posting again. :) The girls loved the cards, I'm sure!

Charlene said...

Great to see you !!! Great cards for the girls!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...