Tuesday, May 6, 2014

You Are My Favorite Thing...

Hey guys!!

I'm over on the Chickaniddy blog today with a couple of the other girls, sharing projects we created based on the beautiful May inspiration Pinterest Board.. if you haven't checked out these boards, you really should - they are full of inspiring and beautiful images!

I knew which Pin I wanted to use right away, and what I wanted to do with it - don't you love when it all just makes sense right away?



It seemed natural to gather a bunch of different patterns from all of the Chickaniddy papers (I just combed through my Twirly Girly and Date Night mini pads) that sort of emulated the colours from the photo, and create my own chevron.


The most tedious part of this was measuring out my strips to cut them - and that was even easy! I just glued them as I laid them, careful to spread out my patterns. Initially, I embossed the background with a woodgrain to draw from the wood planks in the photo, but at the last minute, I decided to add vellum over top of the whole panel to soften everything - I love how it turned out!

Thanks so much for visiting today, and if you have a second, head over to the Chickaniddy blog to see what the other girls have come up with because you won't be disappointed!

Pin It

3 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...