Wednesday, April 30, 2014

A Non-Update...

Hello my friends!

I just wanted to pop in and let you know how things are going around here... busy as always! I hate that I leave the blog so empty...

So here are a few things we have going on around here...

We're in the middle of another bathroom renovation. It's gone fairly smoothly, though we did call an electrician friend in to help with the wiring... which is something we've always done ourselves, but for some reason this one just seemed overwhelming. If I'm honest, I think we're just tired, and so it was easy to be confused. As soon as the wiring was done, I looked at it and sort of went "DUH." But it was worth the bottle of wine and a few beers to have him take it on for us! (We sent the booze home with him and his wife, to clarify!) But everything else has gone pretty easily, and hopefully this weekend we'll have some vanities built and start laying floor tile. We're around the halfway point, and it feels like it's coming along nicely!

Also, my laptop is near death. I've got photos on there to blog, but the computer is so sluggish and temperamental. It's four years old, it wasn't expensive... it's time. Lucky for me, when we cleaned out my mum's place last year, she had a virtually new computer looking for a new home, so I tucked it away knowing this day would come. My super tech-savvy brother is here for another visit from Scotland next week, so I've already asked him to help me transition over to the 'new' laptop so I can get back to blogging properly. You know when it's a chore just to turn the thing on? Yeah, we're there...

We're planning some birthday parties - I don't know how it's time already, but my baby girl turns four in a month! They're at ages where they have opinions about what kinds of parties they should have (*gasp*), so these ones are a little out of the usual thing for me, but I'm figuring it out. Also a good excuse to finally start using the Silhouette Cameo I got for Christmas...!

Finally... I'm working on putting the reveal photos together of our first bathroom reno. I got half of them taken, then my battery died. And then it was time to do the plumbing in the current reno, and hubby decided I was an apprentice. Things got put to the backburner. But my battery is charged, the plumbing is done, I'll get there...

I leave you with a peek:

Pin It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...