Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Lucky in Love - Creating with Chickaniddy...

Hello my friends! It's my first post over on the Chickaniddy blog, which is pretty exciting. I have to say, I am SO loving these products. They are so easy to work with, and it's always such a pleasure when the projects just kind of come together all on their own!




The theme for my card today is "Lucky in Love..." afterall, we're featuring a line dedicated to time spent with your better half!



When I was trying to pick which papers to work with, I had a hard time narrowing down my patterns, so I just picked a whole bunch and laid them out.

Thankfully, I love layers.



So I just piled on as many of them as I could!

And can we talk about the foil paper? When the other girls on the team started getting their packages, they couldn't stop raving about the foil paper... and I'll be honest, I was kind of thinking "But we've all seen foil paper before..." 

Yeah, not like this.

It's *so* perfect. It isn't super thick like so many foil papers on the market are, so you can cut it with your dies, your silhouette (so I've been told - mine is still in the box), and it doesn't weigh your whole project down. It's STUNNING!

So, over on the Chickaniddy blog, I am talking about how I distress my papers. You all know how much I love distressing the edges of pretty much all paper I use, so I thought it was time to share my favourite ways of doing it. 

I had a little assistant to take my stepped out photos, so you should really go over and see what a good job Josie did of helping me!

Here's a close up of the effect I'm talking about:




It naturally creates a separation between your layers, and adds lots of interest and texture.

I had so much fun with this one, and I can't wait to keep sharing projects with you - I hope you enjoyed it too!

Have a wonderful week, my friends! 

Pin It

4 comments:

cm said...

Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful!! Looks like you and Chickaniddy are 'made' for each other! I'm thinking we'll be seeing plenty of gorgeous coming from you with this collection! Off to see the details...
c

~amy~ said...

super pretty Meredith!

Charlene said...

So pretty!! I love the silver 'Lucky " and all the layers!

Tracey McNeely said...

Meredith your cards are so gorgeous! Way to rock Chickaniddy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...