Sunday, January 5, 2014

Happy Birthday To You...

Hello my friends! It's been too long, hasn't it? My favourite part of January is how it feels like you can sit back and take a bit of a breather after all the craziness of the fall and Christmas. However, that isn't going to be the case for us this year! There are some new things I'm working on for my blog, and I'm excited to share more with you about that a little later in another post...

But, not only is it the first Monday of January, it's the first Monday of the year! Both of those things mean that it's time for a new Beautiful World Tour with the Flourishes girls!


And, as always, travelling with us can win you free stamps! All you have to do is leave comments for the designers as you go - one random commenter will be chosen from one of our blogs to win a free set of Flourishes stamps! Make sure you leave comments for everyone!

Iwona's post may be delayed (technical problems!), so if you haven't come from her blog, make sure you take a look back once she's managed to get it up! You can always start back at the Flourishes blog!

This month, Anne-Elise is our hostess, and she has chosen the theme "Vintage" for us. You have to know I was all over this one!




I've not sat at my desk for way too long, so it took awhile to get the mojo going... I kept it simple and let some pretty paper and trinkets do the work for me. Not my usual amount of stamping for this month, but I have to start using all the beautiful paper I've been hoarding!

It's Shirley's birthday on Wednesday, so because she loves the pretty, flowery and vintage style, I used some of my extra nice goodies on this one for her - I know they're not wasted on a card I give her!


I used some Authentique papers, and I include a resin frame from Webster's Pages that Shirley put in my stocking - what goes around comes around! The sentiment is from the Sentimental Favorites set, and stamped right onto my patterned paper.

I added some vintage lace, dyed some seam binding and tied the whole thing together. Also, I dug out some old millinery flowers to dress up my frame and tied them with some vintage twine.

I think I have the vintage part covered, right?

Alright, that's my project for this month, next up you're flying off to sunny Australia to visit:



Pin It

26 comments:

Geri said...

Wow...gorgeous, Meredith!!! Such soft and pretty details!

loulou said...

Absolutely gorgeous. That soft pastel palette is so beautiful.

Sasha said...

Your card is so very pretty Meredith. I love those papers and your pretty framed flowers x

Barbara said...

Yes, this is vintage! Love the paper, it looks like ribbons in the BG. Nice touches with colors and elements.

Melanie MacKenzie said...

I love your card. I sort of reminds me of a lovely frosted cake, all textured and yummy. Cheers.

TLady said...

TOTALLY LOVELY!!!!!!!!!!!! :) Your card has a SHABBY CHIC LOOK!!! :) LOOOOOOOOOVE IT!!!!:)

Lorianna said...

AWESOME card you made. I love all your little extra special details. Your coloring is amazing.
Thanks so much for sharing your Fabulous talents with all of us!
Hugs
Lorianna

Gretchen Wilson said...

Beautiful card.

Sue Christian said...

You've definitely nailed the vintage theme! Your card looks so soft & pretty too, I'm sure your friend will love it. Thanks for sharing.

Rita said...

Beautiful love the soft colors.

Frances Krug said...

So beautiful. Love the frame from Websters and the color scheme.

Frances Krug said...

Such pretty and soft colors.

Sarah Pederson said...

Love the soft colors, yet it's still striking. Thanks for sharing

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, so pretty, Meredith! That bow is perfect!

Lee Ann Barrett said...

Gorgeous and vintage! I love your sweet collage of embellishments and the dyed seam binding is gorgeous.

Donna Phelan said...

Well that's one fabulous birthday card for sure! Loving the stick pins and that gorgeous seam binding ribbon....oh and that fantastic frame too! WOW!!!

Graciellie CH said...

It is such a sweet surprise to find that there´s a Flourishes hop going on. Today actually my blog post and card for the day featured an older stamp from Flourishes that I love: Cherry Blossoms.

So it´s such a treat to participate. TY. Have a great week.

http://gracielliedesign.blogspot.com/

Jean Bullock said...

You certainly do have the vintage covered and very well too! Great job.

Sandy said...

lovely vintage card! You are lucky to have Shirley.

polycrafty said...

I love the sweet color scheme! Like a Victorian tea room.

Bridget said...

Oh my gosh, what a delightful little collage of elements and the bg looks just like vintage wallpaper - fab take on the challenge, Meredith!

Sue D said...

Beautiful--I like your choice of papers and embellishments.

stampqueen said...

Very pretty card and lovin the spring colors!!

Anne-Elise said...

Beautiful card, Meredith! Love the pretty papers and all the fab details! So pretty! Hugs

Charlene said...

Such a pretty card!!!!

Jill Norwood said...

This is so soft and pretty! Love it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...