Friday, January 31, 2014

Festive Friday - Good Tidings...

Hello my friends!

I am back with our latest Festive Friday challenge... and I have to be really up front with you guys - my card *pales* in comparison to what the design team has for you this week. I am so humbled that these girls all agreed to play along on this team with me - and they blow me away with their talent!

So you've been warned!



If you remember, this year we went with a slightly different approach, and we're working with inspiration photos - do whatever you like from there.

This is the photo we're working with this week:


There are so many things to draw from in this photo - it was hard to narrow it down! But, I finally went with the colours, the glitter, and even drew from the vintage pine cone ornaments!


I wrapped my panel in gold washi, then sprinkled my die cut in silver glitter - the silver and gold from the photo. Then I added the one red rhinestone to accent the couple of red accents in the inspiration photo.

And for the record - this snowflake die (Simon Says Stamp) is the most beautiful snowflake *ever*.

It's tough to see in my photo because they're stamped so lightly, but behind the snowflake are some grey pinecone ornaments (a Flourishes stamp) just like the ones in the bowl.

You HAVE to see what the team did - they rocked it!

For the first time in I don't know how long, I spent the day in the craft room earlier in the week (Oh, how I love stamping), so I have a few projects coming your way in the next little while. It felt so good to get some things made, and just be creative. I am enjoying the creative parts of choosing details for our renovation projects (post coming soon!), but it just isn't the same!

GO see the challenge blog!

Pin It

7 comments:

Ardyth Percy-Robb said...

that snowflake die looks amazing in sparkle! Love the red centre too!

Barb Ghig said...

I think your card is quite beautiful, Meredith! I love the gold washi as your frame and your glittery snowflake is gorgeous! Such an elegant sentiment, too!
I agree...this snowflake is the most beautiful snowflake ever! I can't wait to use mine (just got it in the mail)

Marie B. said...

Meredith, I think your card is simply lovely! :)

Geri said...

I do love this card, Meredith! It is simple but packed with 'cozy'!!! I love the gold washi with the silver snowflake! Nuttin 'pale' about it!!! So very lovely!

Rema said...

Beautiful card Meredith! Love the washi tape border and sparkly snowflake...

Leigh Penner said...

Beautiful card, Meredith! I love how you used the washi tape and overlapped it in the corners!

wienerhoneymooners said...

You KNOW I Adore this!!!
--BIG fan, Inspired me even more, thanks for visiting my blog.
Have a wonderful week!
-Kimberly

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...