Sunday, December 1, 2013

Merry Christmas...

Hello my friends! It's the first Monday of the month (December, already?!), which means already, we're taking you on another inspirational tour around the globe with Flourishes! I feel like we were just posting for November, and suddenly there's only a few weeks until Christmas... talk about gone in a flash!

This month, I am excited to be your hostess for the Beautiful World Tour! You should have arrived here from Aleksandra's blog, but if you've happened here by chance, you should pop back over to the Flourishes blog to start at the beginning!



Because I love this time of the year so much, I thought that it would be fun to pose the challenge, "White as Snow" to the girls. Initially, I had plans to create an all-white card when I dreamt this up, but you'll see I quickly detoured pretty far from that!



Don't forget while you're hopping to leave comments for all of the designers along the way, because your travels could win you some free stamps! You never know which designer will have the random winning comment, so make sure you leave one at each of your stops!

As I said, I quickly veered off of my original plan, and created something accented by snow, rather than focusing on White.


I used the holly sprig from Naturally Merry, and coloured it with my markers. Then I stamped some flakes from the Handmade Snowflakes set in a light aqua colour, before inking the edges of my panel to distress them. The sentiment is from Winter Berries, and was designed by my fellow Beautiful World designer, the hugely talented Dina Kowal!

For my snow, I painted on a product called Snow-Tex. I found mine at Michael's, and it's so easy to use. Just be patient, and paint it on - it goes on lumpy and thick, just like snow! While it was still wet, I coated it with glitter - which adheres perfectly.

I wish you could see this card in real life, because it's so much more impressive. The glitter really brings it all to life!

That's it from me, so now it's time to head off to your next destination, sunshine-y Australia with


Pin It

23 comments:

Kathy Jones said...

Love this Meredith!!! The way you've used the different stamps and added that fabulous snow makes this one gorgeous card!! Merry Christmas!! :)

Karen W said...

Beautiful!! I love how you added the touch of snow to the leaves and that gives me a wonderful idea for my cards this year, thanks!!

Pauline said...

Beautiful card Meredith, the textured snow looks fabulous on the beautiful holly leaves, such a lovely festive card.

loulou said...

Very beautiful. I like the textured snow.

Donna Phelan said...

I love your snowy Holly! That stamp is gorgeous on your beautiful card!

cm said...

Meredith: an absolutely stunning, beautifully coloured, wonderfully highlighted with snow holly sprig. The photo shows such a pretty card, and I can only imagine how dazzling it is in real life. Wow x Wow!! I'm off to tour...thanks for sharing!
c

TLady said...

I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE THIS!!!!!!!!!!!! :) Meredith, the WAY you stamped the background with the Handmade Snowflakes & then the Holly...Your card looks VERY VINTAGE to me! ALONG WITH this sentiment! I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE IT!!!!!!!! :) Your SNOW looks FABULOUS on this too!!!!!!!!:) You've made me SMILE with this one!!!!!!!!!:)

Frances Krug said...

Your treatment of the holly makes it such an interesting focal image.

Connie MacFarlane said...

Meredith, I absolutely love your card. That sprig of holly is gorgeous. I love the design and colours.

Melanie MacKenzie said...

I love the card. I have never tried that product for "snow" but it worked perfectly on your card. Just lovely. Cheers.

Jean Bullock said...

So beautiful. I love Holly and you did a great job on this.

Kris B said...

Beautiful! The snow on the holly looks amazing! Wonderful card!

Bridget said...

I love the snow on the pretty holly, Meredith, it looks so real, and the subtle snowflake bg is fabulous too!

Miranda said...

A very lovely card with the subtle stamping on the background. The holly branch really pops out with that colouring!

polycrafty said...

I love the subtle background of snowflakes, and the lovely snow on the hollies!

Anne-Elise said...

Your card is gorgeous, Meredith! Love the snowflakes on the background and the beautiful holly branch with the snow! Fabulous! Hugs

Sasha said...

I love what you've done with your Holly, Meredith. The snow-text looks just like the real thing, and I can imagine that it looks even better in real life, as the camera doesn't show every detail x

Marsha J Reed said...

So pretty. Love the holly.

Laura Miller said...

Really like the 3-D snow on the holly. Thank you for the inspiration.

Clotee S said...

Merry Christmas and Best Wishes for a Happy New Year!
Bring you Good wishes of happiness.

Sorry for greeting you earlier,, just don't want miss saying this.
By the way, I'm clotee. I am blogger too, and now try my best luck to open an e-store. Nice to know you.

Regards,
Clotee

D- said...

LOVE your wonderful card. The splashed of color here and there are perfect. Love the snowflakes and snow on the holly.
Thanks for sharing.
Crafty hugs,
D~
DesignsByDragonfly.blogspot

Sue D said...

Very pretty with the snow on the holly.

Janis said...

How lovely with the snow on the tips of the holly! Gorgeous card!
<3 J

jwoolbright at gmail dot com

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...