Sunday, December 22, 2013

It's Nearly Time...

My friends... it's been weeks since I posted! I know most of you are probably as busy as I am, so you get it, right?

It's been crazy, lots of preparation, wrapping, baking... and I've worked on a couple of projects that didn't even get photographed to share with you, because I'd fly out the door to deliver them before there was time. It's just how it is.

So here's a photo-packed post for you now, okay?

I know it's late to post my teacher gifts, but here they are, nonetheless!



Emma has an *amazing* teacher. She goes above and beyond every day. And because I have a lot of friends and family who are teachers, I am so aware of how tough their jobs are, and how limited the resources they have to work with are. So I wanted to make sure our teacher knew just how much she is appreciated.


For part of the gift, I put together this little pouch to hold her card, a sweet treat, and a gift certificate to the local teacher's store. This was just one small part of her gift, of course.

Her card:







I used my Peaceful Poinsettias set - I can't get enough of it! - adding gold embossed accents. LOVE the look.

Next, I decided to try out the Palmolive hand scrub we've all seen on Pinterest... the only downside I would give it is the fact that the sugar and soap separate, so it will need a stir every time one uses it. But it does make your hands feel wonderful!


Then, we put together a box that included some handsoap, a Christmas towel, and some hand sanitizer (that has to be essential in a Kinder classroom!). Then I threw in a small candle because every teacher needs relaxation, right? Everything but the towel was from Bath and Body Workds, of course!


A simple tag to dress up the simple box:


I also included a set of handmade note cards, which I'll share with you in another post!

With all of this, Emma and I went to the dollar store and filled a *giant* bag with classroom essentials - most of which come out of a teacher's pocket (did you know that, fellow Canadians?). It blows my mind how much teachers have to spend just to make the classroom an engaging environment, so I wanted to help out. So we bought lots of fun things like pipe cleaners, googly eyes, feathers, doilies, even styrofoam cups and cotton balls. $25 took us a long way!

So that was MY gift for the teacher this year. Emma and Josie always create handmade gifts, so we made sure there was one for Em's teacher as well.



This was inspired by this post that I found on Pinterest. We bought the bowls at the dollar store, and Emma chose 2 shades of porcelain paint which she brushed on all on her own. I think she did phenomenal!

Another thing that's been keeping my interest lately is photography... I have so much to learn, but I am trying! I had found some photos on Pinterest that I loved, so I decided to grab my two favourite models and see what I could do...




You've seen the 'blowing snow' photos, right? I thought I would give it a shot...



They had a hard time using one continuous breath, so this one was a challenge. But we still had fun!

Next, I gave them my vintage sleigh, and they did the rest. This is my favourite one from the bunch!


I have a long way to go, but I'm trying!

I have a few things to tackle, but really, this has been a relaxing season for us so far, thankfully. It's been a bit of a wild year, I am grateful that we've managed to take it easy. I'll be back on Christmas Eve to share my Christmas Tree post, which is becoming a bit of a tradition around here!

Thanks for peeking in my friends! Have a wonderful couple of days, and a beautiful Christmas!

Pin It

3 comments:

Maureen said...

what a beautiful and heartfelt post :) AND she is one lucky teacher to receive so many goodies! I know she will appreciate them. Thank you for being so thoughtful :) ox Merry Christmas, dear friend!

cm said...

How wonderful to see you back, and WOW x WOW - you've been busy! Your gifts for the teacher is ever so beautiful, thoughtful, generous and heart-warming! I know she was deeply touched (as a former teacher, I can guarantee she was!). The girls' homemade bowls: fabulous! Your daughters are gorgeous, and your photographs capture them wonderfully! A loved and loving family, indeed! Wishing you a most Merry Christmas!!
c

Geri said...

Oh, my gosh...the girls couldn't look sweeter!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...