Wednesday, November 13, 2013

WPlus9 Wednesday Holiday Inspiration - Week 2...

It's another Wednesday full of Holiday inspiration from WPlus9. I am having so much fun with these projects, I literally can't stop creating! These are long posts, but I hope they give you a few ideas for your own crafting!

Today I am featuring two more of the newest sets:

Pretty Poinsettias
Woodland Wreaths

For a lot of these projects, I turned to Pinterest - who doesn't?! - and drew my inspiration from there. So I'll show you the images I used when I was creating, and then the projects to go with them. You can see my inspiration board and find links for all these images here.

First up, Woodland Wreaths.




This set has so much more in it than just wreath elements, and yet now that I look through my projects, I didn't really utilize them enough! I love wreaths, and I guess that took over when I was creating.

Here is what I chose as my inspiration for the first project I created:


And here is my re-creation of this beauty:


What do you think? Can you at least sort of see the inspiration in there? *wink* I also included the berry branches from Fresh Cut Florals which I think worked perfectly with the foliage from Merry & Bright, Silver Bells and Woodland Wreaths. I also used the Under the Mistletoe die for the foliage in the background. Lastly, I cut two of the bows from that same die set and layered them to make a paper double bow!

Next up, a glittery tag.


Take my word for it; it's glittered! I used a really chunky glitter, and it was tough to capture it in photos properly.

I used various images from the set to create my wreath; I stamped the twigs of the wreath twice to fill in the gaps. Then I used the florals to accent it, and stamped my sentiment. I used the little heart die from the Seasonal Sentiments Dies to cut out the center of my wreath. This doesn't have to be for the holidays either!

And here's something else that isn't a card.


These are something we're putting together for our craft sale at the end of the month (which is approaching far too quickly), a fun way to package a little treat. I used these one year (decorated differently, of course!) for our Christmas Eve dinner table - one on each plate.









These little Ghirardelli squares fit into this little lunch note holder perfectly! I just use a removeable glue dot behind them to hold them in place, then fold them up.

For my last project using this set, here is the inspiration photo:



It's simple, but I loved the combination of chalkboard with the fresh green of the wreath.


I stamped the greenery on the wreath, then added the berry image in white, hoping to add highlights. Then, using the chalkboard technique, I created my back panel. It's hard to tell in my photo, but I stamped my kraft card base with some woodgrain to enhance the chalkboard appeal.

Alright, so I have to confess that Pretty Poinsettias has been my absolute favourite set of this entire release. I just *can't* put it down. I have had to stop myself from using it on every.single.project, because I love it so much. When Dawn first approached me and previewed the images of what was to come, I was instantly drawn to this one, and it was the first one I started sketching out ideas and pinning inspiration for.

For my first project, I created a one layer card (I know, sometimes I even surprise myself), and stamped a really subtle pattern to showcase my sentiment.


I embossed the sentiment and the centers of my blooms in gold powder, though it's a very aged gold, so it doesn't show the metallic very well.

I used cream ink for the main body of my flowers. I made sure they were dry (and helped them along with my heat gun - who has the patience?) before stamping my detail on there. I used the same colour of ink for all the other steps, and it worked well. For my leaves, I stamped off once before stamping the base, but all the layers on those are the same ink.

For my next project, I turned to Pinterest:


I loved the watercolour feel, and you know I love anything vintage! Here's what I came up with:


Through trial and error, I figured out the best way to get this look was to ink up my stamp, then spritz it with water in a spray bottle twice - too much water and I lost all the detail, not enough, and it just looked stamped. I then used a wet brush and some blue ink to swish colour around the middle, leaving space for my sentiment.

Here's a close up:



And finally, my favourite project from the bunch (and there are more with this set, I am just keeping those for another day...). Here's my Pinspiration:


And here is how I translated that into a card:



I had a *lot* of fun with this one... the Stickles really pushed it over the edge. It looked great before (ego check!), but when I added the Stickles to the edges of my flowers and leaves, it all sort of came to life.

Thanks for making it through such a long post! Again, I'll be back next Wednesday with my next post with WPlus9, but I do have a bonus project for this week's Festive Friday post, so check back with me on Friday!

Pin It

17 comments:

Annheidel said...

What a wonderful line-up of projects! Your first card is definitely my favorite.

Ardyth Percy-Robb said...

Each and every one of these is just stunning! Love them and absolutely can not pick a fave - I just love how you've translated your vintage inspirations into something modern and fun!

cm said...

OMGorgeous, plus here, Meredith! Such a variety of creations, and if I was tasked with selecting a favourite, I'd wave the white flag: they'are all simply,completely and totally stunning! Oh, to have a crafting session with you., what a learning opportunity that would be! Off to the WPlus9 site, to do some 'add to the wish list' shopping. Looking forward to seeing what you have at FF on Friday! Thanks for sharing and inspiring!1
c

Ang said...

Gorgeous, as always. Love your use of all the sets.
Ang

Jennifer K said...

They are all so gorgeous!

Amy Kolling said...

Gorgeous Meredith!!!

Colleen said...

I agree with everyone, all of those cards, tags, etc are gorgeous! Stunning work, Meredith! I love all your wreaths!!

Geri said...

Gorgeous, once again, my friend!!! LOVE that last one with the gold and the white poinsettias on the light aqua...beautiful...but they all are...truly!!! Awesome job!!!

Jill Norwood said...

Wow! Wow! Wow! A gorgeous inspiring post!!!!! Love each and every one! Beautiful! Beautiful! Beautiful!

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, wow, these are all amazing, Meredith!

anya said...

Meredith, these are just amazing. Each is more beautiful than the next. I love that you shared your inspiration as well - it adds a whole new perspective to things. Clearly, I should be pinning more than just kitchen photos! ;)

Donna Cala said...

I want it all!!! Your projects are so beautiful. I am very inspired.

cards by cara said...

Gorgeous!! You see, Stickles can be a good thing!! :)

Taheerah (*LittleMissT*) said...

I pinned almost every single one of these Meredith!! These are *amazing*!!! I will be buying these sets solely based on your projects - what better endorsement is there?!

Larissa Heskett said...

Wowowowoowow!! LOVING your AMAZING creations for today!! THANKS for sharing and have a Fabuloua Week!! ;)

michii said...

Love how you used the woodland wreath set. You've convinced me to buy the set ^_^ Thank you!

Tammy Hershberger said...

Was just searching for some inspiration tonight, and came across this post. ALL of these creations are fabulous, but the first one is STUNNNNNING!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...