Wednesday, November 6, 2013

WPlus9 Holiday Guest Designer - Week 1...

***ETA: I just realized that I forgot about the image of my photo card giving my grief, and never did fix it. I will work on that and get a new one loaded as soon as I can!***

***Fixed!!***

I am so excited about today's post! I am so thrilled to be Guest Designing for WPlus9 during the month of November, showing you all kinds of ideas for your holiday crafting, using the latest, GOREGOUS release of stamps!

I'll be posting projects officially every Wednesday this month, but I can already tell you that I'll be creating many more projects, which I will also share with you as I make them.

Today, I am featuring two sets, and some coordinating dies:

Merry & Bright Stamps and Dies
Strictly Sentiments 3 Stamps

My favourite thing about design work is when I am pushed to use stamps that would normally fly under my radar. Sometimes they end up being some of my favourites to work with, and I might not have noticed them if they weren't plopped into my hands!


Introducing, Strictly Sentiments 3. It's a modest little thing, but I feel I've barely chipped the surface of what this set can do. It lends itself to a variety of styles, and the scale of the sentiments allow it to easily take center stage.

As soon as I saw this one, I knew it would suit the chalkboard technique beautifully. I also knew that I wanted to try my hand at something that is growing in popularity - photo cards. I chose a photo taken by my brother during a visit last year, and then created my oversized card from there - I figure this is something that would hang on Grandma's fridge, so it's okay to make it big!



I also threw in some stamps from various other sets, including Hope Seed Co. for my frame, and snowflakes from Folk Art Flurries to tie it all together.

Next, I wanted to try a softer approach. I thought that this set would work well using bokeh-effect stamping, since the circles are such a perfect shape for it.



I created a card earlier this year using this same technique, and basically these same colours... I liked it so much, I decided to create a new version.


I embossed the "Peace" in gold powder to dress it up for the holidays, then added a strip of Washi to the top of my panel to tie it all together. I still thought it needed a little something, so I cut the felt bow using the Under the Mistletoe Dies (more on those in another post), and added a pearl.

Next, I created a tag that would work for a few different purposes. I've showcased it as a Holiday tag for the sake of this post, but I think it would lend itself perfectly to Valentine's Day, or just a little gift for a special someone... showing how versatile this set can be!


I started by layering a few dies, including the Label Layers 2 die, and then just did a little bit of stamping to bring it to life.


The vine stamps are from the Heartfelt Holiday, which I will be showing you more of later. I added a bow and button to finish it off.

I tied my tag to my paper bag of goodies simply by folding it down and punching a hole to tie it through. This was simple to put together, but makes for a pretty impressive little gift!

Switching gears now, to the beautiful Merry & Bright products.



I think Dawn was thinking centerpieces when she designed this set, so I took it in a completely different direction, just to be difficult!

You know me and stamping backgrounds, and this set is just asking to become beautiful patterned papers. Who am I to resist?


How gorgeous is that? And I am not taking any credit - it's all Dawn's impeccable design work. These are 3 step stamps (once you include the stamens), and the detail is incredible.

My label is intended to be a hurricane lantern around the candles included in the set, but I decided to do something else with it. I backed my sentiment with a Simple Snowflake and embossed my patterned panel with an impression plate. It's a simple card, but sometimes when I stamp like this, I don't want to cover it up!

I used this same set to create a completely different background as well.


I am sure this would have lent itself perfectly to a masculine card, but I couldn't help but add a bow and some lace. Don't you love that even the pine cones are 2 steps? Look at all the detail!

When I saw the hurricane stamp, I knew right away I wanted to turn it into a tag, so that's the first thing I did when I cracked this set open.


I thought it turned out pretty cute! I attached it to this little paper bag-box that I have from the dollar store - left overs being put to work!

Here is a closer look at how I layered the gorgeous images and dies on my tag:



Cute, right?

Alright, did you make it through this enormous post? I can't help it - I can't put the stamps from this release down - I have so many ideas overflowing in  my sketchbook, and I want to stamp them all out! I even have more projects from the Merry & Bright set to show you, but I'll save those for another post.

Thank you so much for sticking it through to the end. I'll be back next Wednesday with more WPlus9 gorgeousness, so make sure you come by!

Pin It

15 comments:

Maalaimalar said...

Thanks for the information... I really love your blog posts... specially those on Local Tamil News

Angela Fehr said...

I so much love the pine branch & berries card. Just had to pin it!

Jennie said...

Gorgeous designs and love how you used the lantern. Very creative and see this set in a new light :)

cm said...

Your cards are absolutely sunning! I love, love and love WPlus9 (need more for sure!!), and you've showcased them beautifully! Looking forward to the inspiring creations you'll have for us in November. Just as a side note: any designs you may have using the Hope Peace Joy sets (stamps and dies), I would love to see! Thanks for sharing!!
c

Taheerah (*LittleMissT*) said...

These are all *stunning* Meredith!! WOW!!!

Just as a heads-up, the full image for your first card isn't showing. Just letting you know as I really want to pin it! :-)

Jill Norwood said...

My jaw is touching the floor my dear! Incredible projects!!!!! I am so inspired to go and get inky! The patterned papers you stamped are STUNNING!!!! You are right that Dawn designs amazing sets and you my dear have put them to incredible use! My November just got more exciting! Thanks! :)

Leigh Penner said...

These are all fabulous, Meredith! Congratulations on guest designing for WPlus9-- how wonderful!

Charlene said...

Fabulous Meredith!!!!

Laura B. said...

Gorgeous projects Meredith! Love every one! Your daughter is a doll!

Ruth S, justsomestuffimade.com said...

OMG, soo excited to see all these gorgeous ideas Meredith!! I can't choose a fave they are all too lovely, but your skill with those backgrounds is making me swoon as ever ;)
I have some WPlus9 on my wishlist for Christmas this year, so I'm being extra good and hoping Santa will be kind, haha, Rx

Helen L said...

Gorgeous projects Meredith!! And your sweet little one is just beautiful!!! So good to see what you've been up to lately! Hugs, H in Healdsburg

Lindsey said...

I cannot get over how fantastic these are...Meredith, these really are incredible. Thrilled to be seeing more posts from you this month at WPlus9.

Gingerbread Gal♥ said...

Gorgeous Cards! Really love the stamped backgrounds and all the detail. What inks did you use for these cards? They colors look so vivid.

:) Rachel

SmilynStef said...

What a lovely collection of designs ... so beautiful.

Rebecca Luminarias said...

Holy crap. You're so talented. Hurry up with the reno and get back to crafting!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...