Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Holiday Inspiration with WPlus9 - Week 3...

**I have 2 posts for today! For my Flourishes post, please click here!**

Hey guys!

I have another post full of WPlus9 goodness for you! This week I am doing something a little bit different, as I had a fun request from one of my readers... she wrote to me and asked if I would share projects using some older products for you, so I gladly took on the challenge for today's post! So I have some projects using the newer items, and some to renew your love with some of the old ones!

Today, I am focusing on:

Heartfelt Holiday
Seasonal Sentiments dies

I have lots so show you, so let's get started!

I'll begin my post with the new stuff, since I am sure that's what most of you are excited to see!



When I first saw this set, I actually felt really stumped. I really liked the idea of it, and so many of the elements included, but no ideas really came to mind. Sometimes I look at a set, and it's like "Oh, I can do this, then that, then the other thing, and after that I can make this..." You get the idea! But this one wasn't like that.

So I sat with my sketchbook and a couple of ideas popped up. Nothing exciting.

Then I started using it. Turns out it just sort of flows, and the projects really just started to make themselves!


I just started puttering, and this is what happened. I included some of the elements from Folk Art Flurries to pull it together, but I wanted the focus to be on the lovely little house (which I stamped on a scrap of patterned paper - neat effect, huh?). The only thing that makes this Christmas-y is the snowflakes, so if I used flowers or something else, this could be perfect as an all-occasion card too!


This one is simple, but it was so fun to make. I had the idea to stamp the row of stockings, though nothing much beyond that. But when I sat down with some inks and paper, and just played around, it came together so easily, and I am really pleased with the results. As I added each layer of stamping, it just sort of all worked itself out!

Here's something a little different - a gift package that would be perfect for a neighbour or the teachers on your list!


This looks pretty impressive, but it was *so* easy to put together!

I filled a cellophane bag with some hot chocolate and fixins (marshmallows and mint chocolate chips), then put that into a holiday mug, and added a candy cane as a stir stick. Tied the tag around that, and it was all done! So simple, and it looks so good.



For my tag, I layered lots of die cuts to keep it interesting.



If you don't have the Simple Snowflake die yet, you need it. I use this one more than any other snowflake in my collection, and if you're a regular around here, you know how much I love snowflakes - so you can imagine how I collect them!

Switching gears now, I am sharing some projects using some older dies. I received an email from one of my sweet readers who said she loved what she had seen of me using the WPlus9 products, and she wondered if I would mind showing her some projects using some of the things she bought from last year's release. Hey, she said I inspired her, so how could I possibly turn her down, right? *wink*



First up, I created a gift card holder, showcasing one of the Seasonal Sentiments dies as a focal point.

Again, people - you need this snowflake die!


I cut the holder using the Seed Packet die, and Cupid's Bow cardstock, which I then stamped using a few images from last year's Iconic Images set. I then cut my snowflake, which got a good dose of fine glitter for a beautiful shimmer. Last, I cut the "joy" from aqua cardstock, and used the heart that is included in the same die set to cut the middle of the O out. The baker's twine just pulled the whole thing together.

And here's how it works:


(Again, I had to use a super-Canadian Tim Horton's gift card!)

Next, I combined these dies with my favourite new set:



Truly, I can't stop it with these poinsettias. And I was a rebel and stamped them in completely unnatural colours. And I *love* how it turned out!


I layered the two words from Seasonal Sentiments attached to my bow. Again, I chose to use the heart to cut out the centers.

Okay, my last project. Carol sent me a card she had created using these projects. Considering she used the word 'muse' in her email (truly, she was SO kind), I thought she wouldn't mind if I CASE-d her card and showed you both projects.

Here is the lovely card that she sent me:


I *loved* the papers she chose - aren't they gorgeous? Anyway, I used this as my jumping off point, and created my own version of Carol's card.


I selectively inked the "May the spirit..." sentiment so I could break it up over two lines, and this time I used the snowflake for the center of my O. That snowflake is the only reason I own these dies, my friends. The sentiments are a happy coincidence!

So that's all the goods I have to share with you today! I'll be back again next week with my last post as Guest Designer for WPlus9, so I hope you'll join me then!

Pin It

8 comments:

cm said...

OH MY GOODNESS! I started reading your blog, oohing and ahhing at the beauties you were sharing (my wish list has tripled!!), enjoying your 'how this came to be' process, and then: WOW!! You shifted gears to showcase how the 'oldies, but still great' sentiment dies could be used in such pretty ways. I'm soooo delighted that you 'took up' my request. And THEN, just when I was reaching the beyond dazzled point, you went a step further: sharing my card (I'm ecstatic!) and your gorgeous, stunning case of it! Meredith, you ROCK! I'm delighted, thrilled, honoured, happy-dancing...the works! THANK YOU, my friend, for doing all this! You and WPlus9 = magic!!
c

Ang said...

Gorgeous, as always! That snow flake is fantastic and I just love those little mugs.
Ang

Nina Yang said...

Hey girlie, you rocked the Wplus9 blog this month!

Lizzie T a/k/a Wifelady said...

Gorgeous projects! I LOVE that gift card holder. I love mixing old and new- thanks for the inspiration !

Jennifer K said...

Beautiful! and I was just lamenting my sorry state of no snowflakes or christmas stamps or dies. What fab timing you have!

Charlene said...

WOW you are so rockin the Wplus9!!! Awesome creations!!

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, wow, Meredith! These are all so fabulous!

Larissa Heskett said...

AMAZING Creations!! I LOVE all of your ideas for using the old and the new!! Thanks for sharing and have a Fabulous Week!! ;)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...