Sunday, November 3, 2013

Flourishes Beautiful World Tour - Happy Holidays...

Hello Friends and Flourishes Fans!

Somehow another month has snuck past, and so it's time for another tour of inspiration around the world! I love it when it's time for another Beautiful World Tour, because the challenges are always something out of my box, and stretch me to try something I'm not used to. This month is no exception!


Don't forget, your travels can win you free Flourishes stamps! Just remember to leave a comment on each of the designers' blogs to have a chance at the random draw!

You should have arrived here from Dina's blog, but if you stumbled upon me by chance, you can always go back to the beginning, at the Flourishes blog here.

This month we are hosted by Bridget, who raised the challenge, "Off the Page" - basically anything but a card. I chose to go with a gift card holder, since the season of gift cards is just around the corner... and once I chose that, I decided to use a technique I've only done a couple of times - which is what I was referring to earlier!


I decided to work with the new Handmade Snowflakes set, to create my own patterned paper - I don't think I even need to mention anymore how much I love doing that, do I? *wink*

I started by embossing my flakes with white powder, then using a couple of different blue inks, I sponged the entire thing to give it some colour and depth. I love how it turned out!

I used a seed packet die, since it fits a card so perfectly, and just stamped and inked it once it was cut out, so that the edges would be properly shaded.



I kept my embellishing simple, because I didn't really think it needed very much - these snowflakes are too beautiful to hide!

My sentiments are from the cute little set, Sentimental Christmas.

Here, you can see how perfectly the seed packet holds a gift card:


And because I'm in Canada, I made sure to use a gift card from a favourite Canadian chain, Tim Horton's! I am typically a Starbucks girl, but come Christmas time, we have a tradition of stopping at Tim's for a hot chocolate (theirs is the best!) and donuts before heading out on our Christmas Light drive around. It's one of my favourite things to see Tim's featured on How I Met Your Mother every once in awhile, because it's so much a part of Canadian culture - I know many ex-Pats who hit up the Tim's in the airport as soon as the plane lands!

Now you're jetting off to a much warmer location, Australia, to visit the beautifully talented...




Pin It

19 comments:

Anne-Elise said...

Love your patterned paper, Meredith! Just so beautiful! Love your creation! Hugs

Kathy Jones said...

Loooooove the handmade paper!!!! And the darling gift card pack is adorable too!!! Gorgeous work!! :)

Donna Phelan said...

Beautiful paper you created! Love the idea of putting a gift card inside. I collect lots of seeds from my gardens each Fall, so this would be a perfect craft to create! Thank you so much for the inspiration!

Bridget said...

Blue, silver and white is such an icily beautiful colour combo, and the shade of blue you've achieved is gorgeous - the little gift card holder is darling and elegant at the same time!

Sasha said...

Beautifully stamped, embossed and coloured, Meredith! I love your sweet seed packet.....and such a lovely way to present your gift card! x

Jean Bullock said...

Your wrapping paper is gorgeous and I love the gift card holder.

stampqueen said...

Beautiful - I do love that snowflake set!!

cm said...

WOW! A gorgeous gift card holder! Not only do you showcase the stamp beautifully, but your interpretation of "off the page" is brilliant! I'm a fellow Canadian - just down the road in Alberta - so your TH gift card - and hot chocolate/donut tradition makes this visit extra special! Thanks for sharing!!
c

Kelly Flaherty said...

How very, very pretty.

Victoria H. said...

Oh how beautiful! I love your pattern paper; the gorgeous depth of colors and how the beautiful snowflakes stand out. Thanks for the great tip that the seed packets will hold gift cards.

momof5sons said...

Such a pretty combination, your gift card holder is delightful. Your inspiring work will cost me...I love the seed packet idea and will go a-shopping for it later! BTW, My brother has found a local (New Jersey) source of TH coffee for home. You do not have to be Canadian to be a fan ;)

Naomi said...

Meredith, your gift card holder is BEAUTIFUL! Love the snowflake background, the colour scheme is fab, and the ribbon trims are just the perfect embellishment!

Hugs,
Naomi

loulou said...

Gorgeous!. Those snowflakes are so beautiful against the blue.

Kris B said...

Such a beautiful gift card holder! Love how you created the background! Blue is my favorite color to use for Christmas! TFS

Allison Cope said...

Gorgeous gift card holder Meredith! I love the Handmade Snowflakes set and you have used it beautifully!

Sabrina said...

Beautiful gift card!!

Sue D said...

Very pretty gift card holder. Love the snowflakes.

Janis said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your gorgeous white snowflakes against that shade of blue. Oh...so beautiful.
<3 J

D- said...

Your gift card holder is beautiful. Love the embossed snowflakes. TFS.
Crafty hugs,
D~
DesignsByDragonfly.blogspot

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...