Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Final Week - WPlus9 Holiday Inspiration!

Well, friends... this is my last post for WPlus9, and I just have to tell you how grateful I am to have had this opportunity.. I have so loved working with these beautiful stamps, and sharing all these projects with you. I've had such incredible feedback from my faithful readers, and some new ones, and I can't tell you how thrilled I have been with all of the comments left both here, and on the WPlus9 blog. It means so much that you're as excited about these projects as I am!

Today, I am sharing 2 die sets and one more stamp set with you, to complete the Holiday Collection for 2013. Today I'll be sharing a bunch of projects, featuring:

Under the Mistletoe Dies
Stitched Holiday Icons Dies
Silver Bells Stamps and Dies

Again, Dawn outdid herself with these products, and it was tough for me to keep the number of projects to a reasonable volume!

First up, Under the Mistletoe dies... this is a really great set for adding little details to your projects, and you've seen me use it a few times on these projects over the past month. Today I tried to let them be the center of attention so you could really get a good look.



First up, I created a really simple belly band for a would-be tin of sweets. I don't keep a lot of that type of thing in the house, so I decided you would probably be okay using your imagination, and see something delicious in that tin instead of shredded paper! *wink*


Again, I used the hurricane image and a sentiment from Merry & Bright for my label. I kept this really simple, because I didn't want my holly sprigs to become overwhelmed. And yes, I took creative license and decided holly berries could be red!

Next, I made a simple tag using this same die, and the bow from the same set.


I embossed my sentiment in gold powder, for a really classic, but trendy scheme. And this bow cut out of felt is delicious!

I also created another gift card holder, since they're so handy this time of year.


 Same thing, I cut out some patterned paper using the Vintage Envelope Die, and then adhered the label from Fresh Picked - but I decided to turn it upside down. It works, and gives it a whole new look! These are the bells from the die set - can you see the detail debossed on the bells? I also stamped those with some small flakes from Folk Art Flurries.

So then I thought I should show you how these dies would work really well for a non-holiday card as well!


If you notice, all the WPlus9 on here is holiday product - only I created a wedding card! I used one of the sentiments from Pretty Patches: Christmas, and then cut the bells from glitter paper (and the detail still showed up!). I also stamped the greenery boughs from Heartfelt Holiday to frame the whole thing.

So let's switch gears, and I'll show you the other set of dies released in the Holiday Collection this year.



I was inspired by this card I found on Pinterest, by Betsy Veldman (she's ah-mazing, have you noticed?), and made my own version using various WPlus9 sets. I used the greenery from Merry & Bright, and created my boughs. Then I used the snowflakes from Iconic Christmas in my background.  I cut stocking from the Stitched Holiday Icons dies, and then added some bows from the Silver Bells and Heartfelt Holiday. My sentiment is also from Silver Bells.

Next, I created a set of tags to give to a friend for her cookie exchange.



They're simple, but they're SO cute! She specifically asked me to use the sentiment "Merry Christmas", and the one included in the Peaceful Poinsettias set happened to fit on this little guy's tummy so perfectly!

Here's a close up:


Last, I made a really simple, and kind of rustic card, to show off the Christmas tree in the die set.


Somehow, when I was playing around with the star and tree in the die set, this sentiment from Iconic Christmas popped into my head, and gave me an idea. I stamped the background with the Folk Art Flurries and the sentiment before embossing my panel, and then adhered my tree and star with dimensional adhesive.

Switching gears now, my last few projects are showcasing Silver Bells and the coordinating dies. This set has a classic, vintage feel, and I had so much fun working with it!



I loved this card created by Jean Martin, and wanted to create my own version using the greenery in this set.

I traced a circle to use as a vague guideline, and because I am *super* lazy, I didn't mask the way that Jean did. I'm just going to say that it's the look I was going for, and stick with that...



All of the stamps on this card came from Silver Bells, so as you can see, you get a lot of totally different details in this set!

Next, I decided to create my own background (you're shocked, I can tell), and I was aiming for a real vintage vibe.



I stamped the bells in grey ink, then gave them a quick colour job - nothing too detailed or fancy. Then I stamped the coordinating images on their die cuts and assembled everything. I loved this card by Debbie Hughes, and kind of CASE'd her a bit for mine.

For my last project - I won't lie - I saved my favourite one to share last. I combined this set with my favourite one of the release, Peaceful Poinsettias, and it just sort of took shape from there.


Again, I stamped and embossed my background. I created my focal point using the Label Layers 2 die, and stamped the images onto their die cuts before mounting them on my label. I love how it all came together, and there's a chance this card won't find a home because I may not be able to part with it!

This is the part where I need to send a massive *thank you* Dawn from WPlus9 for this incredible opportunity - I am so honoured that she asked me, and I can't even tell you the fun I've had!

Thank you all for following along this month... and keep an eye out because Dawn has been peeking some pretty amazing hints from the upcoming release - it looks amazing as always!

Pin It

12 comments:

Donna Cala said...

So gorgeous!!!! I have loved seeing all your WPLUS9 projects. Their stamps are magnificent and you really showcased them to the max.

cm said...

I'm in complete awe with the gallery of gorgeous cards here, Meredith! Love, love and love every single one! I have the Silver Bells set, and you've given me such inspiration! I cased your card of my card earlier this week, and will adding several of these to my "must try" list immediately. Your work with WPlus9 - nothing short of amazing! They - and we - are so fortunate to have you share your creativity with us! Thank you!!
c

Charlene said...

All I can say is WOW Meredith!!! You did a fantastic job with Wplus9!!! I hope you and your family have a blessed Thanksgiving!!

Jill Norwood said...

Awwwwww-MAZING!!!!! I have scrolled through the beauty of this post 3 times already! Glorious inspiration! I LOVE IT ALL! I want to pin every single project! I think you should keep that final card and frame it! What a wonderful memory of your amazing GD time for Dawn! I NEED TO GET BUSY PINNING NOW!!!!! :)

Amy McCue said...

Your projects are just beautiful!

Lindsey said...

Unbelievable! You are one incredibly talented woman. I have so enjoyed this series you've done with WPlus9. I am so awed and inspired with all of your creations, especially your 3rd to last and last poinsettia card...just stunning. Thank you for sharing your amazing talent.

Larissa Heskett said...

OMG!! Another AMAZING Set of Projects!! I have LOVED all of your INSPIRATION!! You have an AMAZING talent for creating backgrounds they have all been so BEAUTIFUL!! THANKS SO MUCH for sharing and have a Fabulous THANKSGIVING Weekend!! ;)

anya said...

Meredith, I can't get over all the amazing things you have created using these sets. Your projects have been truly inspirational (ask Dawn - she owes you a commission! ;) Your style is just so appealing to me, I really have so many ideas from visiting and will be back to pore over your projects some more!!!

Karin Ã…kesdotter said...

LOVE what you create and the Beautiful Pictures you take! Thanks for sharing!

Leigh Penner said...

These are all so fabulous, Meredith! It's been a delight to see what you've made with the Wplus9 stamps & dies!

Lyndal said...

FABULOUS showcase Merideth :) :) :)

Ardyth Percy-Robb said...

Woohoo - one of your cards is on Moxie Fab this morning!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...