Sunday, October 27, 2013

Happy Birthday Christine!

Hello my friends! I am popping in with a pretty special post today, with a challenge and some prizes thrown in too! A few members of the Flourishes family have come together to host a Surprise Birthday Party Blog Hop to wish one of our fellow designers a wonderful birthday! Keep reading through my whole post to get all of the details.



We're gathering to wish our dear friend, Christine Okken a Happy Birthday!  So even though we're a day early, we'd like to say...


HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHRISTINE!


Join along with members of the Flourishes family today and share some fabulous birthday inspirations, many happy celebratory birthday wishes and maybe even a slice of cyber cake.



































When I sat down to create my project, I just wasn't feeling in the mood for a card. I wanted to do something a little more fun, a little bit different. So I decided to create a tag in a pouch, perfect to send a little message along to the birthday girl!


I slipped my tag, which includes a Happy Birthday sentiment (my camera seems to have eaten that photo, so if I can manage to retrieve it, I will add it to my post!), into my decorated glassine pouch, which I decorated up to make it all kinds of pretty. I used the Old Fashioned Florals set for my focal point, which I coloured in quickly with my Copics to match my colour scheme.

In honor of Christine's birthday celebration, we're giving away a special birthday present or two of our own!  Hidden among the Design Team's blogs today is a Mystery Blogger. Comment on her blog and you could be chosen as one of our birthday prize winners!

The more you comment, the better your chances of winning.

As well as one lucky commenter, we're having a birthday challenge too!

THE OFFICIAL RULES:

  • Simply create a NEW birthday themed card or project.
  • Entries need to be in by Friday November 1st at 6 PM EST.
  • Those entries using Flourishes stamps will be counted for 2 prize ballots!
  • You must link your creation in our InLinkz Widgit to be counted.
  • You must have a link to our challenge in your blog post or gallery post.  Please feel free to use our Birthday Graphic too!
  • If you upload to SCS please use the keyword FLLCWISH
  • We'll announce the winners on Saturday on the Flourishes blog on Saturday November 2nd, so check back then to find 
    out if you are a winner!
Hop along with our Flourishes family today.  Don't forget to leave some love for our fabulous designers today for a chance to win...












Meredith MacRitchie  (You are here!)





Don't forget to stop by Christine's blog, HERE, and send her some birthday wishes too!

Pin It

31 comments:

Karen W said...

Very pretty tag, that's a great idea for something different also.

Renee Collier said...

Like this alot, so soft, pretty and femine.

D- said...

I love this wonderful gift set. What a great idea. TFS.
Crafty hugs,
D~
DesignsByDragonfly.blogspot

Donna Phelan said...

Such a soft lovely look! Love that glassine envelope too, so vintage! TFS!!!

Connie MacFarlane said...

What a fun project Meredith! Love the soft colours and texture. What a great way to say Happy Birthday.

Cheryl said...

What a super cute idea! I love all the ribbon trim and that beautiful bow.

Liz Williams said...

A pretty tag,
and I love the bag!

Julie Koerber said...

Truly lovely! I have some of those glassine bags and now I want to create and be inspired by what you have here -- just too pretty! I know Christine will love it!

Lagene said...

Love your glassine bag with a tag!

Charlene said...

So soft and beautifully decorated!!

ChristineCreations said...

This is so pretty Meredith! I just love the glassine envelope and tag! Such elegance and detail on this beautiful design! Thank you so much for the wonderful birthday surprise!

Barbara said...

Cute idea when you just don't feel like a card. I love the softness of the colors and the look.

TLady said...

HOW LOVELY!!!!!!!!!!!!TAGS are ALL THE RAGE NOW!!!!!!!:) I LOOOOOOOOVE it when you ladies do SOMETHING OTHER THAN a regular card!!!! :) NOT that I don't LOOOOOOOOOVE CARDS! It's FUN TO SEE OTHER THINGS to INSPIRE US!!!!! CHRISTINE will LOOOOOOOOVE this!!!!!!!! :)

Heather Jensen said...

What a darling tag! Christine is sure to love to get something a little different than the average card. :)

Angelica Schmidt said...

What a beautiful gift tag!

Sue D said...

this turned out so pretty!

Kathy Jones said...

Gorgeous tag Meredith, love the soft pretty colours you chose and the framing of the image is fabulous!

Barbara said...

What a sweet tag and envelope. So pretty.

frommycraftroom said...

Lovely tag. I also noticed Emma's tag on an earlier post - Great job! Thanks for sharing.

Silke Ledlow said...

Great idea Meredith...your tag is beautiful!

Deborah Anton said...

What a wonderful idea! This turned out beautifully!

Stacy aka Twinshappy on SCS said...

So very delicate and pretty. I adore the clear bag and very soft coloring.

Ravengirl said...

This is quite lovely! It's nice to change up and show an alternative to a card.

Diane said...

LOVE this!!! Who wouldn't want to receive this on their birthday, I know I would!!

loulou said...

What a lovely project. Those flowers are so sweet.

Heather said...

This is beautiful!! And such a great idea for a little something different. The neutral colors are really soft and elegant.

Nancee Purdum said...

What a beautiful project! That bow is so pretty! :) Nancee

Alshandra said...

What a fantastic idea. Very pretty :-)

Janis said...

Such a creative idea!! Love the pale peach color. Very elegant.
<3 J

zub momi said...

Love this pretty and elegant tag :)

KayM said...

Oh my goodness, what a gorgeous little gift tag! The colors are lovely! What a lucky girl to receive this!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...