Friday, October 18, 2013

Festive Friday - Twice!

Wow... I didn't realize it had been this long since I posted! My brother was visiting from Scotland, so you can imagine I was pretty busy! We finally held a memorial for my mother, and also spread some of her ashes in a couple of her favourite spots. The fun part of that was visiting one of the places we lived as kids, one that holds many of our favourite memories. The current resident allowed us to walk around the property (an acreage on one of the Gulf Islands), which was such a strange but wonderful thing... it's totally different, and yet exactly the same. We had a few moments, remembering a lot of the games we played, the things we did, places we used to explore... and then we left some of my mum's ashes nearby (not on the property - we knew better than that!), since it was also one of the happier times in her life as well.

I digress... the point is that I was otherwise occupied, and time slipped by me so quickly! So here I am, to catch up with a couple of Festive Friday cards for our current challenge.


We are currently working with a theme challenge, this time around the theme being "Whimsy"... something way out of my box! Here is the graphic:


So here is what I came up with for last week, something with my kids in mind... I always reach for this Waltzingmouse set when I need a kid's Christmas card. It's just too perfect!


And then I sat down to make another one for this week, and was kind of stumped. Like I said, whimsy is a bit out of my comfort zone! But after a quick browse on Pinterest, I had the idea to duplicate one of those brightly coloured wreaths made out of baubles and ornaments... not sure if I pulled it off, but I tried!


I tried to find the perfect spot to photograph this so you could see the Glossy Accents and glitter effect, but I think I'll call that a fail. Anyway, I used the gloss to try and emulate the dimension and shine of ornaments, then added various rhinestones to keep things interesting. I am not sure if I love the whole thing, but it took way too much effort to create it for me to just toss it!

You have until Wednesday if you want to play with us... just head over to the challenge blog to check out the details and see the other cards from the team!

Pin It

7 comments:

Ardyth Percy-Robb said...

Very sweet! I love the softness of the first and the boldness of the second! I think your photo caught the shine and sparkle very well!

Geri said...

I CAN see the gloss and shine and first wondered if they were purchased embellies or not...I LOVE the look...so fun! And the first card...totally adorable and sweet. The embossing pattern is perfect for the style of the card, and the colors, images and trims are perfectly sweet!!! I saw that YOU saw my last card...all your fault...you pushed me right over the edge...then it was out of stock! So happy to see it was finally back in...I LOVE it!!! Is life crazy busy right now or WHAT?!?! Enjoy the rest of your visit with your brother!

KayM said...

Both of your cards are lovely Meredith! I love the embossed background over the stamping on the first one and the glossy accents on the second one are fabulous! I think you do whimsical wonderfully!

wienerhoneymooners said...

VERY cute, the baubles are so FUN!!!

You MOST certainly pulled it off!

Sian Ridley said...

Too cute! And you can see the gloss and glitter perfectly ;)

cm said...

Meredith ~ your warm comment on my tree and ornament cards for Festive Friday made my day! Thank you for your kind words and especially for recognized ''whimsy' in them! Your card here, although it *may* be out of your comfort zone, is absolutely darling, charming, and indeed, whimsical! So glad I stopped by for this Thursday vision of "pretty"!
c

Jill Norwood said...

I love both of these! One so fun for a child's Christmas card and the other bold and graphic and shiny! I think you photographed it very well my dear!!!!

Glad you had a chance to relive good memories....they are a treasure when we are missing someone we love. Blessings to you and your family!
:)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...