Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Turn Your Face to the Sun...

Here we are, again it's time for a new 10 Minute Craft Dash challenge over at Pretty Pink Posh. Where is time going so *fast*?!

Today is a bittersweet one for me. Emma officially starts Kindergarten this afternoon and I am completely mixed about the whole thing. I am excited for her, because she is *so* ready for this. She is beside herself too, she just can't wait to go to school. But... she's my first, and this is reality staring me in the face: she isn't a baby, nor is she even a toddler anymore (I could pretend until now...), and I know that starting today, time is going to move at warp speed; I'll blink twice and find myself sitting at her high school graduation!

But enough about me... how about a little paper and stamping?


I'll confess... this time around I had to really squeeze out the 10 minutes to get a card done. It's been an incredibly full week around here... we've started some of the renovations on the new house, so every minute seems to be accounted for.

So saying all of that, I kept it pretty simple and did a lot of stamping instead.

Here are the colours we're working with:

Right away these colours made me think of sunflowers, so I knew the stamps I wanted to use. And then I decided I would try to create visual layers by using the generational stamping technique.


Have you noticed that the sunflower patterns of 20 years ago are making a fierce comeback in the fashion world? Makes me feel good and old... 

So I finished this one in 7 minutes and 30 seconds. It might have been a bit quicker, but I didn't have a couple of inks when I sat down - distractedd crafting!

Head on over to Paulina's blog to check out what the rest of the design team has for you, and check out the prize from this week's sponsor!

Pin It

9 comments:

Betty J. said...

Beautiful card! Love how you first stamped and them embossd the paper!

Tammy J said...

very very pretty card. I love the color scheme. You done a good job. TFS

Charlene said...

I love the stamping on the embossed backround!! Beautiful!!

~amy~ said...

So pretty...I chuckled at your comment about the sunflower rage coming back from 20 years ago..that's how I had my kitchen decorated, with sunflower patterns..I LOVE your color combo, my kitchen was the bright yellow and cobalt blue..your choice of blue is PERFECT.

Kim M said...

Such a pretty card! Love it! :-)

Geri said...

What a beautiful pattern, as always, Meredith! The sentiment is lovely, as well!!! I know it's tough letting go of that gal! Her excitement over this new world of hers will soon drown out the blues of it all! It's so fun watching them grow!!! Hang in there!

Leigh Penner said...

Lovely card, Meredith!
I could totally relate to what you wrote about your daughter started kindergarten.... I remember feeling the same way when my oldest started -- and this week he started high school! When did this happen?
Take care, my friend, and focus on the positive aspects of each stage...

Bonnie said...

This is so pretty, Meredith, especially with the woodgrain embossing! I still remember how lost I felt when my third and last started kindergarten. This year her oldest started kindergarten and since we take care of him every day, it was more traumatic for us than for him. He loves kindergarten and delights in telling us what he learned each day. It's such an amazing age!

Kelly Latevola said...

I could have swore I commented on this telling you how awesome and beautiful it is! Maybe I was a victim of distracted commenting :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...