Sunday, September 1, 2013

Flourishes Beautiful World Tour - Remember the Little Things...

Um... where did August go?

I kid you not, I woke up yesterday and about an hour into my day, turned to my husband and said "Wait - is it September?!"


The good news is that because it's a new month, it's time for another tour of inspiration from the Flourishes Beautiful World Tour team!


Remember, this trip around the world can win you some free stamps! All you have to do is leave some love for our designers as you go, and one random comment will be chosen from a designer's blog to win a free stamp set from Flourishes!

You should have arrived here from Anne-Elise's blog, and if you did, I am your last stop on this month's tour! If you happened here by chance, check out the Flourishes blog to start at the beginning!

Aleksandra is our hostess this month, and she set the challenge, "Postcard". Take from that what you like... so many ways to go with it!

So I thought I would try to create a card that looked like it had an old postcard attached to the front... not sure if I pulled that off, but I did try a slightly different way of using my Flourishes stamps this month!


Every month I am so inspired by what my team-mate Dina creates. So I thought that instead of markers this month, I would break out the watercolour paints. I stamped my horse in grey ink so that it would eventually fade away into my paint. I don't know what made me go with blue, but there it is.

I also really love this quote - it makes me think of my kids, and something I know I need to be reminded to do!

Alright, I am your last stop, so head back over to the Flourishes blog from here!

Pin It

28 comments:

Renee Collier said...

Lovely. Reminds me of the carousel from when I was a child. TFS.

Karen W said...

Very pretty and what a great stamp for this!!

Judy I, St. Louis MO said...

Great card. Carousel horses are supposed to be whimsical, so the blue horse is perfect. Great sentiment too.

Kris B said...

Love the watercolor/painted look! I would like to try this technique, it looks amazing! Great vintage feel! TFS

Geri said...

Love what you did with the watercolors here...gives that horse such a cool look! Colors are beautiful, too!!! Love it!!!

Mickie said...

Love it, makes me want to ride the carousel!

Kristie Goulet said...

Beautiful image!

D- said...

BEAUTIFUL! Love it. Your watercolors are very pretty. TFS.
D~
designsbydragonfly.blogspot

KathR said...

Gorgeous image and card....
Hugz Kath...

Donna said...

Love the stamp! Who makes this? And love the quote, too.

Barbara said...

The water color is perfect with the horse stamp. The carousel horses were painted too. Great card/postcard.

Mary Ann said...

Love it!Very Pretty!Love the stamp!!!

Allison Cope Israels said...

Gorgeous Meredith! I love the look of the paints - makes you pony look vintage! Gorgeous post card inspiration this month.

frommycraftroom said...

Lovely. Nice a bright. TFS.

Sasha said...

Such a lovely take on the theme. Meredith. I love your water colouring! And yes, those words are so very true. Enjoy your girls while they are young...they grow far too quickly xx

Joyce Casaldi said...

Very nicely colored, love the water color trend.

Gretchen Wilson said...

Love your card.

Petti said...

wow that is great colouring! Thank you for sharing.

Helen said...

You certainly went for something different for this challenge....and I think you DID pull it off! Clever watercolouring and sponging (I like that quote too!)

artful-notions said...

Meredith, this is so lovely. I love carousels, and your blue pony is a delight! Would love this stamp!

Sue D said...

Very pretty coloring! I like the bow treatment too.

loulou said...

Very pretty. I love the way you have watercoloured the image.

Charlene said...

LOVE this watercoloring and the stamp is perfect!!

Marsha Reed said...

Cute card! I love the blue.

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, wow, this is stunning! A real work of art!

Anne-Elise said...

Love your blue horse! Your card is gorgeous, Meredith! Have a great day! Hugs

Kathy Jones said...

Fabulous work Meredith!! What a wonderful creation and awesome take on the challenge!! :)

Janis said...

Wonderful watercoloring! The sentiment is so true. TFS.
<3 J

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...