Friday, September 20, 2013

Festive Friday - x2!

The weeks are literally whizzing by! Somehow, it's nearly the end of September already, did you notice? We are trying to get a lot of work finished on the outside of our house before the rain starts (we have been SO lucky to be enjoying extended dry weather here in Vancouver), so we've been putting everything else aside.

This also means not as much time in the craft room, and I *miss* it. I've been squeezing in my assignments, and am so thankful for them, because it gives me just a taste of what I need! But, we are doing the Christmas craft fair again this year, so in the coming weeks, I hope to devote a day a week to just crafting. That means lots to share with you!

So I have two cards to share with you, because I am behind on my Festive Friday posts! We're in the middle of a colour challenge, so I have 2 cards for this challenge to share with you.



This time around, we're working with a beautiful colour scheme, which is proving really popular with our players, and I definitely know why. From our gallery, I can tell you that you won't go wrong creating a holiday card with these ones!


Pretty, right? Here is the card I used for last week's post on the challenge blog;


And here's a better view of the heat embossing that I did:



And do you see the tinsel glitter? FUN.

And purely by coincidence, this week's card is actually pretty similar. I made them a week apart, both of them at the 11th hour, using whatever appealed in the moment. Maybe hubby's on to something with all that 'formula' talk?


And please forgive the yucky photos. Both weeks I ended up photographing well after the sun had gone down and the kids were in bed, so I was all out of natural light.

Head over to the challenge blog and see what the other ladies have come up with - ALL of them are stunning, I promise!

Pin It

4 comments:

Rebecca Luminarias said...

Absolutely beautiful! I especially love the heart and yes, that lovely, lovely tinsel glitter on the first card!

Charlene said...

This is such an awesome card Meredith! I love the embossed patterned paper, love the texture!!!

Leigh Penner said...

So pretty! I love all the wonderful texture you added!

Geri said...

I love both of these, Meredith...so much! I love the softer shades of blue in the background with just a few pops of the navy here and there! So soft and pretty with embellishments and trims that add the sweetest touch!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...