Monday, August 5, 2013

The Sweetness of Friendship...

Hello my friends!

Today has been a strange one... it's a long weekend here, so in my mind, it was Sunday. All day. Until about 5pm, when it was pointed out to me that it's Monday, and I was late for my Flourishes Beautiful World post... yikes.

So, because I am an entire day late, the ladies graciously made up for my absence, and were very understanding for me being a flake. However, I do still have a card to share with you, carrying the theme from this month's tour. So I am going to post it, and remind you to head over to the Flourishes Blog to hop along, and put your name in the hat for the free stamps!



This month was such a fun theme that I was really looking forward to. We were challenged to use a flower that represents our home country, and create our project focusing on that.

So I stretched it a bit and chose the Maple Leaf... it's iconically Canadian! But, I used my creative license and used a Japanese Maple leaf for my card. It works, right?


I used the emboss resist technique to create my background. I started by embossing the larger leaves with clear powder, and then I inked around them using red ink, and pink to blend it a bit better. Then I went back and stamped the smaller leaves in red ink, before wiping the embossing off. A little shimmer spray for good measure, of course *wink*

So that's my ode to my Home and Native Land! Now head on over to the Flourishes blog to jump into the World Tour - you will be inspired, and you might just win!

Pin It

3 comments:

Sasha said...

Love the Japanese Maple Leaf stamps you used, Meredith and your resist technique looks fabulous! Your sentiment is one of my favourites, too.
Sorry you missed the hop, but pleased to hear that you are okay! x

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is gorgeous, Meredith!

Linda Carson said...

Gorgeous, absolutely gorgeous! Love the depth of colors!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...