Thursday, August 22, 2013

Stepping Out of My Box...

Waaaaay outta my box.

You might remember me mentioning awhile back that my hubby noted a particular recurring formula to the cards I create.

Here's something you should know about me: I am *stubborn*. Tell me I can't do something, and I'll work my butt off to prove you wrong. Tell me I am following a formula and I'll do everything I can to break that formula.

I am pretty sure it's awesome to live with me.

Anyway.. fast forward, and I was talking with my friend Elena about how awesome she is with the cutesy, illustrated styles that she loves so much, and that I feel completely lost with.

But last year I happened to be crowned Royalty (Stampin' style), and they sent me a box full of stamps. Including some Lawn Fawn goodies. Right, because I have a clue what to do with those...

She assured me I could do something with them. I assured her she was wrong.


Today, for the first time in I don't know how I long, I got to just sit and play with my stamps. I even created for some challenges! (More on that in another post)... So I thought today was the day I would challenge myself to ink these stamps up...


For my first card, I kept things very simple, just to get a feel for things. I think it's at least passable.


Certainly not the worst thing I have ever created! It's still not my comfort zone, but I do think it's kind of cute.

For my next card, I tried my best to channel my inner Elena, although, I know better than to think I could hold a candle to her!


Again, I don't think it's a total train wreck! My oldest said "Isn't it a cute one Dad?" when she showed it to him, and he conceded that it definitely didn't follow the formula, so for those two reasons, I'll take it as a win!

I have a lot - and I do mean a *lot* - of posts coming your way in the next couple of days. I am trying to make up for being too quiet around here for so long!

PS: My Festive Friday post is going to be late... forgive me?

Pin It

3 comments:

Elena said...

look how CUTE you are! and haha, we were just talking about how awesome I am? LOL! I think it's so fun how lawn fawn can be completely simple and cute, or more vintage - your cards still have some of YOU in there! love that!

Geri said...

Now, didn't these turn out CUTE!!! I LOVE em!!! Way to go, my girlfriend!!!

Thanh Vo said...

YAY!!!!! These are so fabulous. They turned out so perfect - a mix of Lawn Fawn with your unique style. Pfttt... the heck with your husband. You have a style, a formula, but it works. :P

I'm kind of stalking your blog right now because I haven't caught up in awhile, btw.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...