Saturday, August 24, 2013

Like a Rainbow... SAF 2013

We got a late start stamping this morning, but the good news is we found a killer deal on a new washer/dryer set, so it was worth it!

We started out with 3 of us - me, Shirley and Emma. We've already lost Emma, and she has yet to complete a project. What can you expect from a five year old?

Shirley is still working on her first card, so when it's finished, we'll photograph it, and I'll post it on my blog.

Meanwhile, I have two posts coming your way. This one uses Betsy's SUPER fun technique of dying elements with... can you believe it? Kool Aid. This stuff definitely isn't something I keep in my pantry, but it turned out that Shirley had some left over from years ago. So we used what we had; orange and lime.


I *love* how it turned out on the felt - I can really see myself doing more of that in the future. I think it would be useful to find a way to either store the mixture, or make smaller batches, though.

Alright, card one down, one more to post, then back to the craft room!

Pin It

2 comments:

Maureen said...

I thought this was so cool of Betsy too :) I love the butterflies!

cards by cara said...

Love the dipping!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...