Sunday, August 25, 2013

Hello There...

It's a Papertrey Weekend around here, hey?

This time, I am here to share my creation for this month's blog hop... I had a lot of fun with this one, and wish I could have found time to make a few more!


This month, we were challenged to choose a colour/sketch combo and create something incorporating the two. Easy peasy.

I knew as soon as I saw this graphic that I wanted to use my Mini Blooms set - it just made sense. And besides, I just really love using this set!


I didn't have the exact inks for a couple of the colours, so I just used the closest shades I had on hand. I think it still worked! Here is what I came up with:


When I cut the circle out for my sentiment, I just adhered it to the base of my card. I like that you can kind of see the outline from the purple base, since I used foam tape to pop up my main panel.

It's hard to tell in the photo, but I also embossed over the chicken wire with the Canvas Impression Plate. It just gives it that extra something', you know?

I *so* loved creating this card... I just puttered over it for as long as I wanted (very different than my usual habits), and I am really pleased with the results.

Thanks for popping in to see me! I won't keep you since there is always so much to see... Happy Hopping!

Pin It

9 comments:

Geri said...

Oh, I DO think it works!!! GORGEOUS!!!

Maria said...

Very pretty! Love all those tiny flowers and background!

Veronica Z said...

Meredith, this is stunning! I loooove all the blue tones.

Tracey McNeely said...

Beautiful card Meredith, the chicken wire background is fantastic!

Darnell J Knauss said...

You can tell you put a lot of puttering TLC into this stunning card, Meredith! It is a total standout in the gallery!!

Jacquie Southas said...

Gorgeous - love the chicken wire, love the sentiment window, love the flowers!

maria f. said...

OK, ditto Darnell!

Charlene said...

A perfect card for this challenge, I LOVE IT!!

Leigh Penner said...

Lovely card! Great take on the sketch and colour combo!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...