Friday, August 16, 2013

Festive Friday - Jolly Holiday...

Good Morning!

The kids got up a bit early this morning and wanted to watch a bit of TV before we head out for breakfast to celebrate Emma's birthday on Monday (we do this with their grandma's good friends for every birthday). I thought I'd take advantage, and quickly post my Festive Friday card!

It's time for a new challenge, and this time, we're creating for the young ones in our lives...


I had all kinds of ideas using the few 'cute' stamp sets I have... and then went a different way entirely. I was having a bit of a 'blah' day, so I just kind of sat and fiddled, and whatever came out of it was how it went...

Here's the graphic we're working with this week:


Cute, right?

Here is the card I created, hopefully perfect for a little one - or at least, someone very youthful!


I stamped my flakes in fun colours, then used a whimsical swirly embossing folder to add some texture. I hoped that the candy colours would carry the kid-friendly theme through.

You should see how many different ways the design team put this one together - it's so neat to see how differently we all interpreted it!

Head on over to the challenge blog so you can find out all the details, and see what the other girls came up with!

Pin It

6 comments:

Ardyth Percy-Robb said...

Love this - that big glittery candy is really SWEET! All the texture on this is really amazing!

Geri said...

Adore the colors in your pretty embossed background! And the candy...CUTE...where did that big ole hunk of sweetness come from??? Your little embellies are perfect for it, too!!! Too sweet, my dear!!!

Charlene said...

So cute!!! I love the bells and the glittered ornament and pretty paper!!

Heather Jensen said...

This looks fabulous, Meredith. I love the sparkly candy and stamped background. :)

Tenia Nelson said...

So so beautiful!!

Leigh Penner said...

So sweet and pretty, Meredith!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...