Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Once Upon a Time...

Apparently, I am not actually magic.

I like to think that if I try hard enough, I can make things however I want them to be.

So if I close my eyes, plug my ears, and do the "la la la la" song, my baby girl *won't* turn five, and she won't go to Kindergarten and I don't have to ever deal with her turning into a real person, and not being my tiny infant anymore.

She tells me I am wrong. She is pretty sure she's going to turn five anyway, and she's just putting in time until it's the first day of school. Stinker.



But I am a super good mum, because I put all my own issues aside, and made her a card for that first day. She's going to be so fooled - she's going to think I am all excited and happy for her, when secretly I'll be sobbing within minutes of leaving her.

It's so weird - I am *not* the super clingy, attached mum. But school is just too much reality for me!

It's time for a new 10 Minute Craft Dash challenge, and I really wanted to use my new Waltzingmouse cherry stamp to make a background, and Emma is my cherry girl (you knew that, right?), so it all sort of fell together. Here's the colour graphic for this week:


So, I thought I could do some non-traditional cherry colours and add some florals for added interest. You know how much I like to stamp my own backgrounds, especially for this challenge!


On the inside, I stamped "And I was so proud of her". Truly, I am. She's so smart, and I know she is going to flourish when she's challenged by school. And her enthusiasm for learning is enviable. I am so proud that she is so excited and brave about going to school all day by herself.

This one took me 8 minutes and 32 seconds.

Alright, head on over to Paulina's blog to see the rest of the beautiful Design Team creations and find out more about this week's prize!

Pin It

8 comments:

Geri said...

Sweet post...so true for all of us... and ADORABLE card for the occasion!!! I need to see that set!!! Love, love, love this, Meredith!!!

Andrea Garland said...

This card is so sweet, love the sentiment in and out so meaningful.

Betty J. said...

Your card is sweet like a cherry :-) ... cute card, Meredith!

Lisa said...

this is as cute as can be Meredith, I like those cherries!! Little ones do grow up SO fast, I feel for you girl!!

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, Meredith, every year in September, I ask Sage if she can just stay the age she is and not turn a year older. But she always refuses! LOL!
But as the mom of an eight, soon to be nine year old, I just want to encourage you that the school years are good, too. :)
Love your card, by the way!

Charlene said...

I know! There grow up so fast!! My grandaughters will be 5 and 7 this month and August...Seems like they just were born! Your card is so so precious!!!

Caryn said...

Gosh Meredith, I am feeling your anguish!! My youngest,Pippa started school last September and it was torture! I can't stand that my baby isn't a baby anymore!
She will love the card though - it's a stunner!!!
((((Hugs))))

Marybeth said...

Enjoy every minute of her school days they go by so fast! It honestly feels like yesterday that I sent my kids off to school ......but it was a long time ago. Hugs!
Love your sweetly stamped card for your sweet girl!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...