Sunday, July 21, 2013

Festive Friday - Holiday...

Hey guys!

I know I am a bit late in posting this, since Friday was *two* days ago... but somehow the weekend has escaped me!

Last week I started doing a 30 Day Zumba challenge. Have you tried Zumba? It is THE most fun. My challenge is to go once a day for 30 days. If I miss any, I must double on another day to catch up. They've taken my measurements (*groan*), they made me stand on the scale (*gasp*), and at the end of the month, whoever has lost the most inches wins!

The first part of this year was a bit of a wreck for me... starting with my mum being in hospital for a month, then dealing with all the details of her passing, all while buying and selling property, then moving......... well, I certainly fell off the fitness and eating well wagon. I set myself way behind on the progress I made over the previous year, but that's okay. I think this is the kickstart I need! I am not in it for the prize as much as to challenge myself, but a free month of Zumba would be pretty fun... anyway, since I am focusing on that, plus getting the house unpacked, it seems like time is flying by!

Back to the holidays... this week over at the Festive Friday blog, we have a colour challenge, and I think it's going to my favourite one yet. The design team had a lot of fun with it, and already there's a lot of excitement around this one!



I like non-traditional themes.... even if I stick to a pretty traditional one in  my own home for the holidays. But this one is just so pretty, and still festive. Here's our graphic:


Aren't those cookies beautiful? If you're at all into cookie decorating, even just to admire it, you need to check out Sweet Sugar Belle. She's pretty amazing!

Back to my card. I just sort of played around with things until I liked how it looked. I honestly don't remember the last time I crafted with a 'plan' the way I normally do. Maybe being busy has been a good stretch for my creative legs?


I sprayed my 'holiday' die cut with adhesive before glittering, but must have been too light-handed, because so much of my glitter came off. But you know what? I kind of like the effect!

So that's it for me today... I hope you're having a wonderful weekend! We are enjoying a super long dry, hot stretch, and I am *loving* having a nice patio to stretch out on and soak it up.

I am off to Zumba!

Pin It

9 comments:

Ardyth Percy-Robb said...

So pretty and sparkly! Love it!

Kim M said...

This is so pretty, Meredith! Love all the sparkle. Great choice for colour scheme. Hoping to try and get a card done for this challenge. :-)

Geri said...

You already know I think this is a stunner! I just love the colors...and I see creamy white and bright white...and I like them together!!! The snowflake layers look beautiful and I even really like the irregularity of the glitter...perfectly imperfect! It's just a beauty!!!

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, wow, this is stunning, Meredith!

wienerhoneymooners said...

Love this so much! love the script underneath it!!

Jill Norwood said...

Meredith this is gorgeous! I love how the glitter looks on the die cut! Beautiful! :)

TLady said...

BEAUTIFUL CARD Meredith!!!!!!:) I was looking for the Flourishes Beautiful World post! Have I missed it??? I can't seem to find it! :( ALTHOUGH, looking through your blog, THERE IS MUCH SWEETNESS TO SEE!!!!!!:)

Ann w said...

What a beautiful card.

Lorianna said...

What a STUNNING card!
Your coloring is amazing!!
Such beautiful and vibrant colors.
Thanks so much for sharing your wonderful talent with all of us.
And for the Chance to win some yummy stamp set!
Hugs
Lorianna

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...