Wednesday, July 3, 2013

10 Minute Craft Dash - Happy Birthday...

Hey guys! Today's kind of an extra special Craft Dash... we have an all-new design team starting their term with today's challenge! Okay, all new except for this old hat. Paulina was ever so gracious and kind, and let me stay on for another term!


I have to say, I really *love* working on this team. The challenges are SO fun, and working with Paulina as a leader is a breeze. I always enjoy the colour themes she chooses, and working in the quick time frame really pushes me creatively. I am so glad I get to keep doing it for another 6 months!

Just like last time, Paulina created a map that shows where the team is from - all around the globe!



Did you notice that there are two of us from Canada this time? I won't lie, I find that extra fun *wink* But make sure you head on over to Pretty Pink Posh to welcome the new designers, and see their beautiful creations!


Every once in awhile Paulina will throw a curve ball and ask for a focus, rather than colours. This is one of those weeks! Here's the graphic for the new challenge:


So I get that this is definitely well suited to tomorrow's American holiday. But being that I don't live there, I chose not to go that way - although I do love the fun patriotic projects I am seeing in blog land lately! So I went a completely different direction!


I was inspired by lovely old quilts... beautiful star patterns, sewn by hand, creating one of a kind beauties. Can you tell I lust after such talent? I don't really own much in the way of stars - a few small stamps in a couple of holiday sets - so I decided to make what I have work. And this was the perfect way to do it! Now I want to stamp an all-over pattern like this!

This card took me 5:30m. I would say the most time was taken up by the embossing, if anything. It was fairly quick.

You have nearly 2 weeks to play with us, so make sure you head over to Paulina's blog to check out all the details!

Pin It

4 comments:

Leigh Penner said...

This is gorgeous, Meredith! I'm in awe of how speedy you are!

Andrea Garland said...

Love the texture of your paper it's paper right?, because almost look like fabric. And the colors are so gorgeous, purple and gold :)

Bonnie said...

I love this! The colors, the stamps, that pretty bow...everything!

Geri said...

I love this, Meredith! The colors, the design...everything. This is why Paulina wanted to keep you around...your 10 min. cards NEVER strike me as quickie cards...like this one...it's really gorgeous! Congrats on staying on;)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...