Sunday, June 9, 2013

Scrapbook Sunday - Party!

Hey guys! This is a quick post as I really wanted to get it up before it was just way too late.

I have a layout to share with you today, which I made for Josie's second birthday - last year. So since it was her third birthday last week, I wanted to be sure to share this before it became too out of date! *wink*




I can't believe how much this monkey has changed in one short year! And her hair - I forgot how short it was last year.

We had a vintage styled party for this one, so I used all kinds of October Afternoon goodies to create my layout. Truly, their Cakewalk collection came out about 3 months too late - it would have been perfect for this party!



I did manage to add a few Cakewalk elements to the layout, since they were exactly the right colours and feel. Oh, and you might see the glaring mistake in my date stamp on that label in the bottom corner. Oops. Proof that I can't get on board with my kids growing up so fast...



I had some ulterior motives (you don't really need to know about my dark side, do you?), so we had a sweets-only theme for the food - which I tried to keep in the vintage style by offering lots of slices and squares that were popular for parties in the sixties. Which I know, because I got the recipes out of an ancient cookbook that Shirley's had since she was married! Okay, the seventies, then...



Sometimes a layout title doesn't have to take up a lot of space - I really liked how these alpha stickers worked for my title! But then, I ADORE alpha stickers...



This layout was also inspired by some of Maggie Holmes' work. I just love how she manages to pile so much on her pages without overwhelming them.

Alright, I am off to teach my first card class today... wish me luck! I am sure it will go well, but I hope I deliver to the ladies' expectations!

Pin It

7 comments:

Elena said...

Oh my goodness - vintage sweets? I love you for that! Your layout is so great and your party girl is adorable!

Heather Jensen said...

What a darling LO! Your girls are adorable. :)

Claire said...

Gorgeous layout Meredith...love the papers you've used!

Diane said...

Very sweet scrap book page with your fun colors and design.

Regards diane

Leigh Penner said...

Wonderful layout, Meredith!

Marybeth said...

Love this beautiful layout! Josie is a doll! I'm sure you will be great in teaching your first class,Meredith!

Geri said...

This layout is so pretty, and perfect for Josie in that sweet little party hat!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...