Saturday, June 1, 2013

Josie Turns Three...

This week has been hard on me.

I've been spending all of my time preparing for Josie's third birthday party, and in the middle of all of that, I had to take Emma to her Kindergarten Orientation. I am a pretty chill mum. I love my kids to be independent, I enjoy when they want to be on their own, entertaining themselves. I am excited when they reach certain milestones. But school? All day, away from me? No, I am not ready for that. And Josie turning 3? That means she's not a baby anymore. No, I am not ready for that, either.

But, facts are facts, and a birthday is happening. So it was time to do some birthday portraits.



This girl. She is my heart, this one. She's cheeky, she's sneaky, and she's hilarious.


But she's the sweetest, kindest little thing with a huge heart. She makes me proud every single day to be her mother.


We're hosting a strawberry themed party today, so Josie is modeling the pillow case dress I sewed for her (which you might remember from this post)...


And what's a strawberry party with no berries?


We had a lot of fun with these photos... she took direction so well, and at one point we checked out Pinterest for some pose ideas - which she promptly mimicked. Or, she came up with her own:


And it easily became my favourite of the bunch.


And yes, I definitely *do* envy those curls. She has her dad's golden locks, lucky girl (although his hair is much changed since he was this age).


She is the oldest three year old I know... she loves to play make believe like her big sister. She loves to tell stories... she likes to boss everyone around (no worries, this baby of the family can stand on her own two feet!). I heard her explaining to Emma one day what a meteor was - and she wasn't that far off the truth! Smarty-pants.



And this girl will do *anything* for a laugh. It doesn't matter if it ends with a time out, or losing a privilege for the day, it's worth it. And yes, usually we're laughing.



Happy Birthday to my beautiful little Jo-bug. What an incredible little person you are becoming, and how lucky I am to be your mum. I love you, my girl!


Pin It

9 comments:

donna sherman said...

She's a little cutie, and a real beauty!!!

Geri said...

GOOD LORD, these are adorable!!!

Laura B. said...

Such gorgeous photos! Your little Josie is a doll!

Jean Bullock said...

I dropped by for the Flourishes hop but I had to look at the sweet photos of your little darling. She's such a cutie.

Leigh said...

Oh, these are all so sweet! She's such a darling!!
I miss my kids being three... it's such a fun age!

Bonnie said...

What a beauty! Be sure to have this blog printed for her keepsakes! It will be a real treasure to both of you when she's a teenager! 3 years old is such a special age. Enjoy!

Nina Yang said...

Happy, happy belated birthday wishes to Josie!

Rebecca Luminarias said...

What a beautiful baby, Meredith (she will always be your baby, no matter how old she gets)! You should be proud! I love everything about your post--her poses, sweet dress with matching hair band, and the way you talk about her. So heartwarming!

wienerhoneymooners said...

Oh, she is s a little strawberry shortcake cutiepie!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...