Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Hope Your Day is Fabulous...

Hello friends! It seems like we hardly see each other these days... well, a week from today, the moving truck will be carting away our stuff, and then I'll have a week to breathe before we unload it all on the other side. Finally, the end is in sight!

But let's talk about today's card for a minute, shall we? I have to tell you, I am kind of excited about it. For one thing, it's colours are some I might never have paired - but it's time for a new 10 Minute Craft Dash, and Paulina put these together. *Stunning*. For another thing, I tried to really emulate the elements that make my friend Laurie's cards so beautiful. And I think it kind of worked...



I won't lie... whenever I sit down to make a card now, I hear my husband's words ringing through my ears... "Formula.... follow the same routine... kind of have the same elements..." He feels bad for bugging me, because he can see that it stuck with me, but to be honest - I am kind of glad he pointed it out. I think it's okay to follow things that work for you, but I think it's better to stretch myself and try a bit harder, creatively.

So when I sat down to make this card, I had a really cool design worked out in my head. But my stamps just didn't cooperate. I knew I wanted to keep to the same esthetic though, so I just sort of put my head down and went for it. So no super plan or sketch like I usually do... I just let it happen. Take that, Type A.

Here are the colours for this week:


Paulina said to me "These aren't really your typical colours, you might not like them!" when we were chatting one night.

SO wrong. I *love* them. And I was so glad I went a little crazy and added Summer Sunrise ink to my last Papertrey order...


So what do you think? Does it work? Personally, I love it. It's okay if you don't, of course!

So if you want to play with us, you can head over to the Pretty Pink Posh blog for all the details, and to see what the rest of the design team came up with. There are some pretty gorgeous creations this week - clearly these colours are a winner!

Thanks for taking a peek, friends! I have a couple of projects I've done while I've been kind of absent from blogging, so I hope to share those with you in the next little while! Bear with me, if you can *wink*

Pin It

6 comments:

Lisa said...

I Love it too!! This turned out great and the flowers are super sweet!

Kim M said...

Great colours for a great card! I think it turned out wonderfully!

Paulina said...

Every single one of your Craft Dash cards are beautiful works of art. Seriously, if I had them, i would just display them in my studio- they're like eye candy!

I'm so glad you enjoyed working with these colors. Um and seriously, I want that background stamp. Where is it from?!

Geri said...

Oh, it works my dear!!! It looks absolutely beautiful! Just PERFECT!

Leigh Penner said...

I think this is gorgeous, Meredith!
I understand what you're saying though... a couple of years ago my brother commented to me that all of my layouts were starting to look the same. While I didn't necessarily agree, it was a good push to change things up a little, although there are things that I just love to incorporate, but I think that's just what makes them "mine," if that makes sense.

Katie Ann Brooks said...

This is stunning!!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...