Sunday, June 30, 2013

Flourishes Beautiful World Tour - Thank You...

Welcome Flourishes fans! It's the first Monday of the month, which means it's time for another quick tour around the world, gaining inspiration from our talented designers!

You should have arrived here from Iwona's blog, but if you've happened here by chance, you might want to go back to the Flourishes blog and start at the beginning.



As always, our tour can win you some free Flourishes stamps... all you have to do is leave a comment on the designers' blogs as you hop from country to country. Of course, we don't know which blog the comment will be randomly chosen from, so make sure you comment on all the blogs you visit!

This month, Sasha is our hostess, and the challenge is "Citrus" - interpret how we please. At first, I felt sort of bummed that I don't have the fun citrus themed sets from Flourishes, but then I thought that sometimes it's more fun when you have to work with what you have to make a challenge work. So I decided to go with a citrus-y colour theme.


Yes, I know that Hydrangeas don't usually have a yellow-ish hue to them, but I took creative license, because I really wanted to use this beautiful image - one of my favourite summer blooms! 

I stamped my image and clear embossed it, which also gave a different effect to my colouring - sort of interesting I thought. I also stamped the orange panel with the single bloom image from the same set, and them embossed it with a large polka dot folder (can you see that in my photo?). 

It's time to pack up and head over to your next destination - don't forget to comment before you go! - the lovely and wonderfully talented...


Pin It

24 comments:

Anne-Elise said...

Gorgeous card, Meredith! Hydrangeas are also one of my favorite blooms! Love your stamped and embossed background too! So beautiful! Hugs

Sasha said...

I love how you interpreted the citrus theme, Meredith. Your card is beautiful! Fabulous use of citrus colours.....your hydrangea looks wonderful! xx

Mojca said...

What a pretty card! Love the sunny colours. Hugs! Mojca

Kris B said...

Beautiful! Love the stamped/embossed background! Your bow/button embellishment is gorgeous! Love the eyelet trim. TFS

Bridget said...

Oh, what a lovely combo of pin, button, tag, lace, and seam binding - the citrus shades are so delicate, your card reminds me of sherbert! Beautiful!

Kathy Jones said...

Gorgeous Meredith!! Love how you used the Citrus colours and your ribbon treatment is yummy!!!

Valerie said...

Such a pretty feminine card I love the hydrangea stamp:)
Val x
btw I found your info on Canada very enlightening! I have visited Nova Scotia a couple of time and found the Canadians to be so welcoming:)

Jean Bullock said...

Citrusy colors work for me. Love this card. Great stamping and embossing. Absolutely lovely.

Ann w said...

Love the colors you used. You made citrus come alive . Great work.

stampqueen said...

Very pretty - love the hydrangeas set!!

Joan V said...

Love your citrus themed card. I love how you used what you had and went with the colors. Such creativity. Thanks for the inspiration.

Sue D said...

Very pretty in a citrus color theme!

Helen said...

Very Citrus-y! Love the clever background stamping, the cotton lace and bow.

lisa808 said...

Your 'citrusy' colors and bow are very pretty.

Judy I, St. Louis MO said...

Gorgeous coloring on the hydrangea. Love the lace and the way you created the background.

Connie MacFarlane said...

Very pretty card Meredith! Love your colour palette.

Mary Ann said...

Beautiful card!!!Love the design,and the color of your flower is AWESOME!!!

Sabrina said...

What a darling card!!

Janis said...

I would never have thought to use Hydrangeas with a citrus color scheme, but it is sooooooo beautiful.

zehra said...

This is so sweet and beautiful color

TLady said...

HOW LOVELY!!!!!!!! I TOO like to make my own designer papers! It takes BRAVERY to step out-side of the norm & this is SUPER! (I NEED TO do some BRAVE STAMPING myself!) LOL THAT'S the FUN OF IT!!!!:) SUPER JOB!!!!!!:)

Geri said...

Beautiful, Meredith! Love this take on the 'citrus' challenge...great thinking and beautiful work!

Heather said...

You're right hydrangeas don't usually have a yellow tinge to them, but when they are dry the do have a creamy tan color which is very similar to the tones you used. And even when they are dry they are still beautiful. And your card is beautiful!! I don't use a lot of rust/orange, but I love what you did with it.

Queen-of-Cards said...

beautiful card!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...