Sunday, June 2, 2013

Flourishes Beautiful World Tour - Hello My Dear...

Hello Flourishes fans! It's the first Monday of June, which means it's time for another trip around the world with the Beautiful World Team. You should have arrived here from Dina's blog, but in case you stumbled here by chance, you might want to go back to the Flourishes blog to start at the beginning.








Don't forget that your travels with us can win you free stamps! All you have to do is leave comments on all the designers' blogs as you visit to be entered in a random draw.


This month it was my turn to host the challenge, so I asked the girls to create something using neutral colours and lots of texture. These are some of my favourite cards to create, but this time, I decided to do this one in cream, which I haven't done before.


I used rustic cream cardstock, lots of cream layers, and some neutral ink to make my card. When I make cards with just one colour, I like to add as many different types of texture as I can fit on there, to keep it interesting.

For my card, I used three different impression plates, some cotton lace, die cut lace, felt and also added some distressing to the edges of my sentiment panel. that's a lot of texture, but it doesn't look busy!

Here's a close up of my layered bloom:


Don't forget to leave a comment before you go, but now you on your way to see beautiful Australia and visit 


Pin It

22 comments:

Anne-Elise said...

Gorgeous card, Meredith! Love your embossed backgrounds, the pretty lace and the beautiful layered flower! So beautiful! Hugs

Meghan said...

Lots of fabulous texture on this card! Love the distressed cream colour scheme too!

Jean Bullock said...

I commented on your card on the Flourishes blog but I will repeat it here.


This is beautiful! I love that rustic cream with the inked edges. The embossing – awesome. (I am partial to wood grain embossing.) This card has such a soft and gentle feel to it. Just like the sweet whispers we make to newborn babies. Unique and lovely.

Petti said...

Love this creamy card it's pretty!

Mary Ann said...

Very pretty card!!!

Joyce Casaldi said...

Lovely Meredith!

Sue D said...

Lovely all in cream. Great texture too.

Allison Cope Israels said...

Oh Meredith! Your card this month is stunning! I just LOVE your challenge... so clever and so many possibilities of texture and tones! Gorgeous card!

Tonya Jastad said...

This a gorgeous card! I love the cream textures and the layer flower!

Rebecca B said...

Beautiful card! The texture is amazing...great work!

Beth Norman said...

So darn pretty. Love all the layers.

Ravengirl said...

Love the gorgeous card and the fabulous challenge!

Rosy Newlun said...

What an elegant card! Love how you left so much of the cream and white be the focal colors, as well as that uber fabulous flower layer!!!

Leigh said...

This is stunning, Meredith! So lovely and elegant!

Bonnie said...

Oooh, I love this! Wonderful texture and sentiment!

zehra said...

Gorgeous card, love the textures

Janis said...

What a wonderful card!! Love being able to see the detail of your flower. The heart in the middle is sweet!

Geri said...

All this soft creamy-ness turned out gorgeous, Meredith!!!

lisa808 said...

Thanks for showing this stamp set in a non-chalkboard theme.

Aleksandra said...

Gorgeous card Meredith! I love how you've used two diferrent textures for each side of the card, I love the colors and the flower is just soooo pretty!!! Lovely!

Have a great day,
Aleksandra

Kathy Jones said...

Beautiful, beautiful card Meredith!! Love the elegance of the neutrals and the fabulous textured flower!!

Sasha said...

Such a soft and beautifully created card, Meredith. Lots of lovely texture...I love your flower and embossing! x

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...