Friday, June 14, 2013

Festive Friday: Let the Heavens Rejoice...

Hello lovely friends!

I know that my posting is sporadic at best these days... I do apologize, but we are down to the wire with our packing and organizing. In less than three weeks, we'll be in our new place! I am excited, but definitely exhausted.

It's Friday, which means it's time for some more projects for our latest challenge - one I have had fun with!


It's a theme challenge this time around, featuring the graphic you see below:


You can see why I've enjoyed this one! *wink*

Here are two versions of one card that I made that suit the challenge; reminiscent of the kinds of holiday cards my grandmother might have sent, I think!


I think the illustration of the poinsettias is so classic, and I love the font of the sentiment. The first one is very simple, just stamped in red ink. It's pretty basic, but I like the look. I think Flourishes stamps work so well in this kind of application because the detail in the illustrations are so fine and beautiful.

Here is the same card, only this time I coloured in the image:


What a difference, hey? Again, the detail in the Flourishes images make it really easy to colour them and have a lot of impact.

We're taking a break from packing tomorrow to hit up a vintage/antique market that I recently learned about. I've been in a pinning frenzy, gathering ideas for our new home, and I am excited to find some new treasures - so wish me luck! It will be a lovely break from cardboard boxes, newspapers and tape guns!

Have a great weekend!

Pin It

8 comments:

Mary Ann said...

Love your card!Very pretty,Very easy to mail,no extra cost!!!

wienerhoneymooners said...

The coloring is to die for! AhhhMAZING! (as always!)

Lisa said...

These are beautiful Meredith, I LOVE the colored version! Happy hunting tomorrow ;)

justsomestuffimade said...

Fab festive cards - your colouring is making me swoon ;)
Hope you had fun at the market! Rx
www.justsomestuffimade.com

Charlene said...

how exciting to move!! My daughter just got married and moved yesterday, I will miss her so much but as least she will be in a town thats fairly close!

I love your card with that pretty pointsetta! Great coloring :-)

Leigh Penner said...

Wow! These are both stunning, Meredith!

Kim M said...

Lovely cards! Love them!

Geri said...

These are both so gorgeous, Meredith! Amazing how beautiful the one is simply stamped in red! Lovely work my dear!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...