Friday, June 28, 2013

Festive Friday - Joy...

I love it when a plan comes together. I love when I dream something up in my head, and then when it's all said and done, it looks as good as I had hoped. I also love it when I sit down to stamp, with only a vague idea in mind (all the time, lately!), and something pops into my head on the spot - and works.

Today's card is one of those sorts of moments... "Hmm... I wonder how that would look..." and loving the results.



I also love when there are certain products that just make creating easy, cathartic, and so enjoyable. I mean - I always love when I get to sit down with my paper and ink, but some days, it's more satisfying than others. Again, that was sort of how this card came to be.

This is for our second week of the Festive Friday Element Challenge:


And here is what I came up with:


I decided to go a more subtle route of including the tree element on my card. I love these little silhouette images from the WPlus9 Iconic Christmas set, and like how easy it is to create a little scene with them. So I started there. Then, I sort of looked at my paper and thought, "okay, now what?" So initially I had the idea to stamp some snow falling down the background. But when I looked at the sort of twinkly image, I thought "I bet that would look kind of like Christmas lights on the trees... let's see...." I don't know if that's exactly how it turned out, but I still really love how they look!

I bought this set because I loved the sentiments and font combinations... I was a little bit intimidated by the silhouette images, and whether I was clever enough to use them well. But I have loved every single card I have created with them!

There are some *awesome* cards by the Design Team for this one, so you really have to go check them out. You won't believe the variety of style and creativity waiting for you!

Pin It

3 comments:

Lyndal said...

FABULOUS Christmas creation Meredith - LOVE it :)

Ardyth Percy-Robb said...

LOVE the twinkles on the tree! So pretty!

Lisa said...

Love this color combo Meredith this is so pretty! And they do look like little sparkly twinkle lights ;)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...