Sunday, May 12, 2013

Scrapbook Sunday ~Featuring Evan Wilson Photography~ - LOVE...

Happy Mother's Day to you all! I am scheduling this post, so at the moment, I am not entirely sure what I am in for... Emma is old enough to 'plan' things herself now, and her dad really likes to let her take the reigns, so we'll see. I am going to guess there are pancakes at the Golden Arches on the agenda, though... *wink*

Because it's Mother's Day, I am sharing a layout of both of my beautiful girls, celebrating the best job I've ever had.



If you've caught these posts the last couple of weeks, you'll remember that I've been sharing layouts I created using photographs taken by my super talented brother. You can check out more of his incredible work on his website, Evan Wilson Photography.



For this layout, I basically CASED a layout by Maggie Holmes, adding a few of my own twists here and there. You can find her layout in this post on the Crate Paper blog - just scroll down towards the bottom.



I loved that her layout really allowed for a lot of different patterns and elements to work together, so that's why I decided to stick to it so closely... what I've started doing is turning the pages I've pinnned into sketches for myself, so that I can refer to those instead of the original project while working. This way I don't outright copy anything!



I did really like Maggie's journalling, so I used the very same idea for my own:



And here are some of the photos from this particular shoot, taken by Evan:

Copyright Evan Wilson Photography

Copyright Evan Wilson Photography

Copyright Evan Wilson Photography

Copyright Evan Wilson Photography

Copyright Evan Wilson Photography

Copyright Evan Wilson Photography

Copyright Evan Wilson Photography


Every time I write one of these posts, I am blown away by the difference a year makes. *Why* must they grow so fast?

Enjoy the rest of your Sunday, friends!

Pin It

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Hope you enjoyed a lovely Mother's Day Meredith! The photos of your little ones are precious!!!

Leigh said...

Wonderful photos and gorgeous layout, Meredith!

Geri said...

They are indeed the perfect pair! Just beautiful, Meredith! The photos, the faces, the layout...everything-BEAUTIFUL!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...