Sunday, May 5, 2013

Scrapbook Sunday - ~Featuring Evan Wilson Photography~ - Sweet and Adorable...

Happy Sunday, friends! We are having the *most* gorgeous weekend here, with summer-like weather. I am in my element! I am sure we'll see lots more wet and cool weather before summer really sets in, but I am soaking it up for now!

Last Sunday I mentioned that I was running a little series here in my Scrapbook Sunday posts, Featuring Evan Wilson Photography, sharing layouts I have created using photos my talented brother took of my girls while he was visiting from Scotland last year. 



The layout I am sharing today was inspired by the current Crate Paper Creative Weekly challenge, which is 'Colour Collage'. Using one colour in varying shades, and applying a collage effect to your layout. I hope I achieved the collage part, with only the one photo...



Last week, I showed you photos that Evan took of my youngest, as her birthday portraits. Today, I am sharing some that he took of Emma, in the same vein. She was having a ballerina party, so he took pictures of her in her tutu and leotard. It was adorable to watch her, as she took direction from him (amazing how well she can listen to anyone who isn't mum!). 



I used various collections from Crate Paper to create my layout, keeping to Emma's favourite shade, and trying my best to quit hoarding my stickers! *wink*



I have really been inspired be varying shades of pink with a hit of gold lately... so beautiful and feminine... so I wanted to add just a few gold accents to my page in order to translate this theme to paper.



(I also added that teeny '3' on there, because she was three when this photo was taken... subtle, but it's there!)



I had a *lot* of fun with this layout, and am pretty pleased with how it turned out... I think because it is so 'her', if that makes sense. I love when I feel like their little personalities are shining perfectly through the photos, and my layout compliments that, rather than fights with it... does that make sense?

As I did last week, I have some other photos from this session to share with you. These are some of my most favourite photos from Evan, ever... and not just because they're of one of my favourite girls!

Copyright Evan Wilson Photography


This is the same photo as on my layout, but with some really beautiful editing. I am constantly in awe of how Evan can finish off an already perfect photo!

Copyright Evan Wilson Photography

Copyright Evan Wilson Photography


Copyright Evan Wilson Photography

Copyright Evan Wilson Photography

Copyright Evan Wilson Photography
Copyright Evan Wilson Photography
Evan was really thrilled to see the awesome response to last week's post, and I am so glad you all enjoyed it as much as I enjoyed sharing it... I am telling you, if you happen to be in the Edinburgh area, and have a need for photos, you *need* to get in touch with him!

Okay, shameless Big Sister Plug over... *wink*

I'll be back again with another post in this series, but in the meantime, thank you so much for stopping by... enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Pin It

4 comments:

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

wow gorgeous layout!!! These photos are amazing!!!

Lisa said...

What a pretty layout Meredith! The phots from your brother are beautiful. I love the black and white one with her bandaid covered pinky held just so ~ sweet!!!

TLady said...

WHAT FUN PICTURES OF YOUR SWEET LITTLE ONE!!!!!!!! :) LOVELY LAY OUT TOO!!!!!!!!!! :)

Here looking for the 5-6-13 Flourishes post! Being that it's an AROUND THE WORLD TOUR! I'm guessing our times are QUITE DIFFERENT!!!!!!! :) I'll check back later!!!!!!! :)

2amscrapper said...

what gorgeous photos--precious subjects! love your layout!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...