Saturday, May 25, 2013

Papertrey Blog Hop...

Happy Weekend, friends!

It's already time for another Blog Hop with Papertrey Ink... where does the time go? I feel like I say that every month...

I was more excited for this month's theme than probably any other so far... take your favourite floral set, combine it with the beautiful colour schemes Nichole prepared, and stamp your heart out. If you spend any time here at all, you know how much I love to stamp my own patterns, and flowers are some of the most fun sets to do that with.

So I have three cards for you today!



The other thing that was really fun this month is that I just sat down and started stamping. I never do that - I always have a plan. But this challenge was something that was so much my comfort zone, I just sat down and let it happen.

Here is the colour palette for my first card:


I chose my Natural Beauties set for this one; I *love* this set. It has every little detail you could ever think of, all included in one little set.


I don't have all of the ink colours, so I did make do with what I have - and I also used some stamping off to allow my card to have a lot of depth.

I think my next card has a pretty vintage vibe to it...



For this one, I got out my Beautiful Blooms II set, as well as the Botanical Silhouettes, and created a pattern that I sort of thought was reminiscent of vintage wallpaper. Here is the graphic:


Again,  I had to fake it with a couple of colours, but here is what I came up with:


I also included some elements from Modern Wood Mat to embellish my sentiment.

The last one is probably my favourite one, because I love stamping with Sweet Life *so* much.



This one almost ended up feeling monochromatic, and so pretty. I loved these colours together:


I don't have anything that resembles Limeade Ice (am I missing out?), so I just used a green I have. But all the other colours are there.


Again, I am always *so* happy with how Sweet Life looks, no matter what the colour combination!

Did you make it through all those photos? Thanks for stopping by, and reading through a long post... lots of other pretties to look at, so I am off to join the Hop!

Have a wonderful weekend!

Pin It

32 comments:

Linda said...

All three cards are so lovely.

Camilla said...

I love love love card number two. So colorful and summerish.

Nicole Parmentier said...

Your cards are stunning, love them all!!!!!

Leigh said...

These are all gorgeous, Meredith! You know I've had the Herringbone IP on my wishlist since last fall and had convinced myself that I didn't need it.... but after seeing your gorgeous Sweet Life card with it, I've changed my mind. I do need it!
Thanks for the inspiration, my friend!

Laura Jane said...

ABSOLUTELY had to pin all three:) oh so pretty!...like fine linens!

Gerdine said...

Absolutely stunning!

LINDA M said...

Very beautiful cards. I love all your background stamping. Super layouts and embellishments.

Nerina said...

Wow! A post FULL of eye-candy! I love all three of these; but the first card is like biting into a really good apple - crisp, fresh and oooooh so sweet!

Jacquie Southas said...

Gorgeous set of cards - love the Herringbone IP with the Sweet Life!!

carefree creations said...

Wow, all 3 cards are gorgeous!

Holly T said...

All three cards are absolutely gorgeous!! Love the texture on the 2nd and 3rd cards.

Kara said...

such beautiful cards!! love your stamped pattern papers:)

Dana Nelson said...

Gorgeous entries, Meredith! My fav is those gorgeous yellow flowers! Love the herringbone impression!

Lisa said...

A trio of prettiness Meredith!! Love them all ;)

Cheryl said...

Wow. These are breathtaking! I had to look twice at your second card to see if that was patterned paper. Beautifully done.

Geri said...

Well, I did make it through and they were dee-licious. Each and every card is just gorgeous!! So pretty to see all the different styles and textures in the same color scheme! I thought of trying to use the 'you' die on mine, but, as you know, I was on limited time and had to go the quick and easy route! Gorgeous post, Mer!!!

Luanne said...

Beautiful cards Meredith!

Annheidel said...

Gorgeous cards! I especially love how you used Beautiful Blooms II on the second card. Looks just like patterned paper!

Anna (doctorfoodie) said...

My goodness, you've knocked it out of the park! Each card is gorgeous, but the first one is my favorite. TFS!

Debra Miller said...

Wow all are wonderful - amazing.

Tanis Scott said...

These are wonderful. If I had to pick a favourite, I'd say the first one, but your "wall paper" background is pretty fantastic, and those yellow flowers have me regretting putting off ordering The Sweet Life!

Tenia Nelson said...

Gorgeous creations!!

justsomestuffimade said...

Love, love, love all your cards Meredith! Your knack for stamping your own backgrounds makes me feel very uncreative!!!
The 'Sweet Life' one is my fave - I succumbed to the gorgeousness of this set, but have barely used it. I forgot to remmeber that I don't have enough ink shades!!! Ah well, maybe when I can afford to indulge in some inks then I'll get to use it!
Rx
www.justsomestuffimade.com

Rema said...

These cards are simply stunning Meredith! Great job....

Steph Hilt said...

Meredith, all three of your Floral Cards are just stunning. I can't pick a favorite, but I do really like your Sweet Life images with the herringbone IP. Just lovely!

Susan said...

Those are awesome!!! You really rock the challenge! The combination of color and stamp sets you chose are just fabulous! Very inspirational.

Maureen said...

oh, what a line up of beauty! They are all just gorgeous, but the last one makes me drool! LOVE the embossing!

Kim M said...

These cards are gorgeous! I especially like the first one. Wonderful!

PStanley said...

All three cards are sooo pretty :)

~Tammy~ said...

Wow, all are so beautiful and lovely! Beautiful use of colors!

Bonnie said...

All of these cards are beautiful! It would be hard to pick a favorite!

maria f. said...

One of the prettiest Sweet Life cards I've seen. Love how you added the texture too. What a great idea.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...