Monday, May 6, 2013

Flourishes Beautiful World Tour...

ETA: Hey guys! SO sorry for being late in posting this - I flubbed with my scheduling! I apologize for any inconvenience!

ETA #2: Joyce so kindly pointed out that this qualifies for the Watercolour Challenge over at the Moxie Fab World... so I am linking up there!

Hello Flourishes fans! Already, it's the first of the month, which means it's time for another tour around the world! If you've stumbled here by mistake, you can go back to the Flourishes blog to find out all the details!



You should have arrived here from the lovely Dina's blog, in which case, you're right on track!

Don't forget that your travels could win you free stamps... all you have to do is leave a comment on each designer's blog to be entered into a random draw for a free set from Flourishes!



This month, our hostess, Kathy, has given us the challenge: "A picture is worth a thousand words"... this one was a toughie for me, as it as all about focusing on images and leaving out the sentiments. I don't know what the hurdle was, but it took awhile for me to decide what to do. But, once I decided on a theme, it just took off and practically went together by itself.


If you spend any time around here at all, you know my love for cherries. When my oldest daughter was born, she wore a cherry themed onesie home from the hospital - and ever since then, I've been obsessed with all things cherry for Emma - including a tattoo on my foot! - so when I stamp them, it's always with her in the back of my mind.

For this card, I stamped my cherries in a random pattern on my panel, and then got out my watercolours. I am a terrible watercolourist, but want so badly to create beautiful paintings with this medium (I am constantly inspired by my friend, Angela, who does the most amazing watercolour paintings). I am finding that as I use these paints with my stamps, I am starting to feel satisfied with the results - I am really pleased with this card! After I was finished painting, I did splatter some creamy gold mist over everything, which just finished it off for me.

It felt strange not piling on the layers and adding lots of 'stuff', but at the end of it, I just wanted to let it shine on it's own.

That's what I have for you today, so now it's time for you to take off to your next destination, the talented:


Pin It

22 comments:

Tonya Jastad said...

This is beautiful!

Allison Cope Israels said...

Absolutely stunning Meredith! Your water colouring is fantastic! I love the story behind your cherries. I remember feeding them to my son in the back seat only to turn around and find him covered in "cherry red" juice from ear to ear! So funny!

Tanja said...

Gorgeous card, love the watercolouring.

Anne-Elise said...

What a gorgeous card, Meredith! Love your beautifully colored cherries! Fabulous work! Hugs

Bridget said...

I adore water colouring too and Dina has inspired me to lose my fear and just go for it, so I've been experimenting more - I LOVE this, it's absolutely gorgeous and how fun that you created something so meaningful for you personally - the colour here is fabulous!

Beth Norman said...

So beautiful. Perfect for a gal who loves cherries so much. Your colouring is awesome.

Julia said...

Beautiful card!

Sasha said...

Such a wonderful result with your water colouring, Meredith! Your cherries look amazing! A lovely story about your love of cherries, too.
Hope you're doing okay. Hugs x

Yogi said...

pretty card. Have a great day

Lisa said...

What a delightful card Meredith, beautiful coloring! Sweet story behind your love of cherries too ;)

Joyce said...

This is a beautiful card, and I think your water coloring is stupendous--go post to the Moxie Fab water coloring challenge--I see a winner here.

Sue D said...

Very pretty and I like your watercoloring.

Geri said...

Oh, my...what a gorgeous look! LOVE!!!

Mary Ann said...

Beautiful card!Love the watercoloring!

Alshandra said...

Such a beautiful card and you did a fantastic job at watercolouring!

Angela Fehr said...

Beautiful, Meredith! thanks for the shout-out and I love your cherries; they look so juicy!

Helen said...

Beautiful colouring - your cherries say it all!

lisa808 said...

Fabulous coloring.

maria f. said...

Such a work of art and a lovely post.

Cath said...

Hey Meredith! Thanks for linking this up to the Wonder of Watercolor Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

Karen said...

Beautiful....

Aleksandra said...

ooooh, Meredith... another fruity beauty. Already Dina made me want to jump to the market to get some of those delicious berries and now yours! Your card is absolutely lovely! I love the repeated use of an image, it looks so fabulous and striking on the card! You've colored it beautifuly! Love it!

Hugs,
Aleksandra

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...