Tuesday, April 9, 2013

With Love...

2 posts in as many days! Can you believe it?

Well, I need you all to cross your fingers for us! We've been working so hard, and tonight, we finally put our house on the market.

Let me back up.

When we first met, we had this plan - work our way up in the market so that one day we would own a house of our own. If you're not aware, I live in the Vancouver area of British Columbia, which is one of the most expensive places in the world to live. I am not bragging here, people! It's tough to try and get ahead here, and we try to do it on one income. So, while we got into the real estate market at a good time, it quickly exploded around here, and very quickly, our dream of owning something more than a townhouse was let go.

About a year ago, a house in the *perfect* location came on the market. We did the usual "imagine if we could..." thing that we've done over and over again. And then we let it go, as always.

The listing expired, the house was taken off the market, and life went on. But we had the bug, the drive, and some luck on our side.

Long story short, the stars aligned, things have fallen in to place, and we managed to put in an offer on the house from a year ago - something we never imagined we'd be able to manage! So now, we just need our own house to sell for this to all become real. We've got the sign in the front yard, and an open house planned... we just need a buyer.

So will you please cross your fingers so that we can move? *wink*

Don't worry, I wouldn't leave you without something to look at!



I mentioned to you before that I've been trying to break out of my usual go-to designs, and try new layouts.... this is another card that I attempted that with!


This is another one from my term with Pink Persimmon... I was inspired by my fellow design team member, Cherry Neilson - she always layers her cards so perfectly!

Thanks for popping in! And I'll keep you updated on our progress - just wish us luck!

Pin It

9 comments:

Meihsia Liu said...

H, Meredith, your card is fabulous. I love the beautiful designer paper you used and the beautiful layers. Great design! :)

Geri said...

Oh, what a beautiful layout, Meredith!!! Your colors and layers are just gorgeous...and I love the 2-toned bow again!!! And...I'll do more than cross my fingers AND toes...I'll say some prayers for you all!!!

Lisa said...

Very sweet Meredith, this is a great paper collection! Best wishes and fingers crossed for your house situation ;)

Susie Wittwer said...

Oh my, another sweet card Meredith. Love the layers and ribbons!
I'm crossing my fingers AND I'm praying for you!

Susie Wittwer said...

Wonderful card Meridith! Love how you've combined patterns in those layers.
I've got my fingers crossed for you AND I'm praying!

lostinpaper said...

Gorgeous card! Good luck with the house sale, sometimes things just fall into place and they are meant to be, isn't it great the house came up for sale again so quickly.

Leigh said...

How exciting, Meredith! I'll pray for you that your house sells quickly!
Great card, too!

Pauline said...

Love your fabulous layers here Meredith, such pretty papers and colours too.
Good luck with the house sale, fingers crossed for you x

cards by cara said...

Hope things are going well with the open houses and viewings of your townhouse - what an exciting time for you and your family! <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...